3. || the bitch knows how to throw a party

"the knife twists at the thought that i should fall short of the mark

"the knife twists at the thought that i should fall short of the mark."
505 | arctic monkeys

   Mandatory Grief Counseling. Ivy rolled her eyes at the mere sound of it. She currently had her head rested on Noah's shoulder as he complained about being here.
   "This wifi sucks." Jake shook his head, not taking his eyes off his phone. "No ones got any details."
   "Yes- Hello- Miss, why am I here?" Noah called after the secretary who ignored him.
   "That's the mandatory part of mandatory grief counseling." Emma stated.
   "I never even met the girl." Kieran adds in.
   "You're lucky." Noah retorted.
   "Nina Patterson was a cold blooded sociopath."  Ivy points out agreeing with Noah.
   "It just doesn't seem real." Emma shakes her head with wide eyes. Ivy was about to comment about how they really lucked out when Jake started fidgeting excitedly in his chair.
   "Here we go." Jake smiled as he looked around to check if he had a captive audience. "One of Nina's neighbors peeked over the fence, he tweeted that her throat had been sliced ear to ear. They're playing the 'maybe Brandon James is back' angle.
   "Dude." Ivy warned but it was too late.
   "Brandon James is dead." Emma says through gritted teeth. She stormed off not sparing a glance behind her.
   "Douche Bag." Ivy's eyes widened at Jake.
   He smirked amusedly, "Don't you mean douche pants?"
   Ivy gave a fake smile before saying a quick goodbye to Noah and walking off to sit with another group of people.

   Somehow, Ivy had found her way back to the group before classes started. Don't ask.
   "So Tyler did it? For reals?" Riley said in disbelief.
   "He was a dick, and Nina was a bitch, but I can't imagine anything like this." Ivy added half agreeing with Riley.
   "You think you know a guy..." Jake trailed off.
   Brooke looked up from her tablet with a curious expression. "Do you think one keg will be enough."
   "Brooke." Emma furrowed her eyebrows. "Do you really think a party is the best idea tonight."
   "It's a prayer vigil. Besides people in mourning get thirsty." Brooke argued.
   "In that case." Ivy grinned holding out two fingers. "Make it two."
   Jake looked a bit nervous. "So Em. Your mom, she's tight with the sherriff. Do you know if they found Nina's laptop."
   "My mom just handles the autopsies ."
   "I'm sure Nina trashed the video. She's dead not stupid." Brooke shrugged trying to ease everyones mood.
   Riley looked down with sad eyes. Ivy was starting to believe Riley was the only one who actually cared about Nina. "I can't believe she's just a body now.
   Jake smirked. "She always kind of was just a body. But top shelf all the way." He winked at Ivy.
   "Hey, show some respect." Emma scoffed.
   "I have extreme respect." He paused. "And so did the rest of the basketball team. Most of the football team. Several of the  lacrosse players..."
   "You're such a skank Jake." Ivy grinned and the boy who scoffed.
   "I'd show you some respect." He smirked getting closer to her, Ivy rolled her eyes and put a hand on his chest holding him back.
   "And I'm sure the Sheriff is going to question every single one of them." Brooke paused. "Where were you that night Jake?"
   "I was with Will, up to no good." Jake hit Will's arm playfully. "Ivy saw me." He winked.
  "Oh my god, you're the one who took my Smoothie King." Ivy's eyes widened.
   "How did you not know it was him?" Brooke furrowed her eyebrows.
   "In all fairness, I was kind of-"
   "Majorly stoned." Jake finished for her. Ivy flashed a smile.
   "I'll be right back." Emma stated abruptly before grabbing Ivy's arm and walking towards Audrey.
    "There's this party."

   Audrey did finally convince her dad that Brooke's party was a good idea and invited Noah as her plus one. Ivy just wanted to get drunk and she never did believe in drinking and driving so she made Audrey her willing designated driver.
   "Party on bitches." Ivy grinned filling the silence of the car as it was being parked in Brooke's driveway.
   "Make smart choices." Noah warned pointing a finger into Ivy's cheek.
   "Are you a smart choice." Ivy winked before nearing him seductively. His eye's widened as her hand drifted over his arm.
   "I could be." He said while fiercely nodding.
   Ivy chuckled, before backing away. "When have I ever made the wrong choice? I'm an angel." She gestured to herself.
   "I'll never get used to that." Noah gave Ivy a lopsided smile as the entered the house full of underage drunks. Ivy noticed Brooke nearing them with a fake smile.
   "Audrey." Brooke grinned. "Ivy. Glad you guys could make it."
   "Yeah- uh you know Noah." Audrey introduced.
   "I have a place just like this in the Hamptons." Noah says awkwardly.
   "Okay." Brooke nods still smiling widely, Jake walks over to join the conversation. "Well, there's drinks outside, suits in the cabana if you want to swim."
   "But suits are completely optional." Jake's gaze shifts from Audrey to Ivy.
Audrey rolls her eyes breaking through to grab some alcohol.
   "I'll be sure to keep that in mind." Ivy smiles sarcastically, Jake being the half drunk idiot he is thinks she's serious.
   "I'll show you to the pool." He grins before grabbing her hand a dragging her to a shed.
   "Why'd you take me here?" Ivy narrowed her eyes. "This doesn't look like the pool but maybe I'm wrong."
   "Oh, come on. You're telling me you don't want to fool around, for old times sake?"  Jake grinned before pulling her closer.
   "Jake." Ivy glared with a warning tone. "That was the old me. You, not being in my life, is what makes this work."
   "Babe." Jake said in a whining tone.
   "You." Ivy poked a finger into his chest. "You were a stupid mistake that I made."
    "Harsh," Jake grinned picking Ivy up and placing her so she was now sitting on a work table. He neared her with vodka on his breath trying to kiss her. Ivy wrapped her arms around him in a hug. He hesitantly did the same before furrowing his eyebrows.
    "Not exactly what I had in mind but this works too." Jake smirked.
   "Lets Shake and Jake." Ivy grinned tugging the boy after her.