Skin Like Magma

Adrien didn't dislike Nathaniel at all. He was actually rather impressed by the talent the artist had. He had an incredible skill for artwork, and what little of it he had seen impressed Adrien dramatically. And Natheniel wasn't a bad guy either. He was rather quiet, and Adrien had no personal problems with him.

But damn him if he didn't find himself feeling irritated by the fact that someone he knew full well had a crush on Marinette had been able to interact with her, while he was stuck thinking what the hell he could even say to her. Something inside him, like a small, little ball of anger had formed, and had sat heavily in his chest when he saw that.

Adrien wasn't the type to get jealous - Honestly. He got somewhat upset when he was denied the opportunity to go to a school, and he was envious of those who got to go, but he was never jealous. Well he was, but never in a possessive sense. That was always in more of the sense of longing from afar to be part of a world he could never really belong to. This was more something he wanted to rip away from Nathaniel.

Something inside him, seeing someone he knew could try to steal Marinette from him...

He blinked a few times, looking out his window. The sun shone as per usual, birds flew past his window, and Adrien had to take a deep breath.

He was getting ahead of himself, wasn't he? The way he thought about things made it seem like he and Marinette were already in a relationship. That wasn't the case whatsoever.

But the more he thought about it, the more convinced he was getting that Marinette was who his soul was linked to. The more these poems made sense. The more things fell into place, only further making him more certain. Each bit came together absolutely perfectly, forming this perfect, complete picture.

He felt the need to see her. To talk to her again. To see more of her, to understand her more, figure out what makes her brain work. To learn more about Marinette. To get to know her more. He wanted to get to know her more. He really did. When could he speak to her? It still seemed too early for a visit from Chat Noir. He'd be spotted in broad daylight, and that was a dangerous prospect. Adrien didn't want to put her in danger.

He'd have to give it a few more hours, a fact that irritated him, and he felt only served to stall him from seeing her.

He couldn't get why he felt so eager to see her though. Yes, he wanted to. Yes, he was interested in her. Yes, he wanted to confirm if they shared a Soul Link... But never before had he been this excited to see someone. Not even Ladybug. He felt like the longer he stayed away from her, the more insane he would get, until he became some sort of mindless beast. He felt like he was losing his mind just sitting here, doing nothing, thinking about this sort of thing.

"Aaaargh!" He groaned, rolling onto his side. "I'm going mad just sitting here!"

"Seriously kid, I'm starting to wonder if you're even sane at this point." Plagg commented with a hint of sarcasm, a hint of genuine concern.

"I can't stay sat here, Plagg. I need to do something." Sitting here, thinking about Marinette, was driving him insane. He needed a distraction. A reprieve. A task. Anything to kill time before it was safe to go see her.

"You could get me some food..."

Adrien considered this for a moment, before he came up with his own idea. "Or I could go on patrol..."

"I like my idea better."

Ladybug couldn't handle being cooped up in Marinette's room any longer. She had needed to get out of that place. The room was too small, and images of her and Chat were seeping into her brain. She had transformed and gone on patrol, swinging around the Champs-Élysées and the Louvre Palace, with no particular destination in mind. She went wherever her whims took her, without questioning how or why she wound up where she wound up.