The Soul Link?

Another quiet night had passed by the city of Paris. Totally devoid of any and all disturbance, time passed the city peacefully. It was late, reaching roughly 11PM. Streetlamps and the late-hour shops lit up the city, and gave the night time travelers enough light to see where they were going. Even late at night, Paris was a fairly active city, with tourists and teenagers going out and enjoying themselves. A few cars drove on despite the late time, many of them taxi's, with people so eager to get places that they didn't care for the ridiculously expensive cost of the service. Small groups of people cluttered the busier parts of the city, like nightclubs, bars, takeout stores, and various other food and entertainment places.

It wasn't a sight Adrien Agreste was unused to.

The young blond teenager walked along the streets, his hands firmly in his jackets pocket, keeping to the side, so he didn't get in anyone's way. When it looked like he was going to walk into someone, he quickly moved to the other side of the pavement, allowing the other person clear passage. He didn't normally find himself in these sorts of places at night. Doing so was a rarity for him.

He had been unfortunate enough to run out of time before his transformation had worn off, after having pushed his luck with how much longer he had had left. Frantically, he had ducked into an alleyway hidden from sight quickly before anyone noticed him transforming from the famous Chat Noir, superhero, defender of Paris and partner of Ladybug, to the equally famous, yet less impressive all around, Adrien Agreste, handsome model for his father's fashion company. In the darker night time, he was less recognizable, otherwise he would have certainly been approached by someone who knew him.

"Adrien." The teenager heard a voice come from inside his jacket. Poking out from the neck hole in his jacket, was a small, cat like creature. A Kwami, called Plagg, Adrien's partner in becoming Chat Noir. He had met the tiny creature one day after finding his ring, his miraculous, placed on his table randomly, for no reason. The two of them merged, and Adrien became Chat Noir, and begun fighting alongside Ladybug as an applauded hero.

"What is it, Plagg?" Adrien asked, quickly checking around him to make sure nobody was around. They were in the clear, so he could talk to his tiny companion.

"I'm hungry. I need Camembert." While the tiny creature did need the substance to replenish his energy, Plagg often ate merely for pleasure. due to a lack of any sort of activity, Plagg didn't need to regain any energy. He was just a bit hungry. Like he always was.

"Do you ever think about anything other than Camembert?" Adrien sighed in somewhat amused, but mostly annoyed, exasperation.

"I think about Cheddar, and Brie sometimes." The gluttonous, charcoal black Kwami responded, dreamily licking his lips after making himself hungry and wanting a cheese buffet. "Occasionally Mozzarella."

"Of course." Adrien muttered to himself. His Kwami never thought about anything but food. In some ways, Adrien was jealous of his magical partner's one-track-simple-minded personality. "It must be nice to be so carefree, huh Plagg?"

After a quick look at Adrien in confusion, the Kwami caught on. "Oh, I see." The cat Kwami said with a smug smile on his face, levitating out of his masters jacket and just in front of his face. "You're thinking about your rejection by Ladybug again, aren't you? What's that make this, the forty-seventh time in a row?"

"Forty-ninth, actually." The model admitted with a depressed sigh.

It wasn't something he was particularly secretive about, but he did sometimes wonder, did Ladybug actually know, or did she choose to ignore it?

He had a not-so-secret crush on Ladybug. The partner he helped fight crime with alongside. He had been infatuated with her not long after he had met her, completely captivated by her strength, her determination, the confidence she displayed, her cool, calm, collected demeanor, her total dedication too helping protect the innocent people in Paris from an Akuma attacks caused by the villain Hawkmoth. Her stubbornness to do the right thing, and her defiance, and refusal to ever give up, no matter the circumstances, or no matter the odds against her. Underlying all of that, however, was a sweet, kind girl, gentle as any other person on the planet, with a soft side to her. She wasn't just a fighting machine, she was a person underneath all of that. A person who chose to go out of her way to help defend the people of Paris from danger, with no reward to herself. A truly selfless, courageous person.