Chapter 28 | Better off this way

Börja om från början

"Don't apologize. I'll be the first to admit that what I did was reckless. I knew there would be consequences yet I went down to the ring anyway. Please don't feel guilty, I'd hate to see any of you go the root I did when I interfered." I spoke reassuringly, AJ's face then lit up with happiness. On the inside I really did feel bad for them all feeling guilty but I couldn't bare to see any of these women get caught up in my own battles with The Authority.

Nikki then made her way over to me, her mouth dropping open as she focuses her gaze on my jaw. I could tell she was trying to find words to say but they just wouldn't come out. I ran a hand through my hair, trying to regain at least a few stable thoughts after what had happened. I had no idea what happened to Big Show after I was hit with the KO Punch. Come to think of it, I had no recollection of anything that happened after that at all. Something made me feel rather off though, it was as if something bad had happened afterwards.  I couldn't exactly put my finger on it though.

I nodded to all of the girls with a smile then left the locker room with AJ, Nikki and Alicia by my side. We decided we'd all carpool together whilst the guys rode in the other car to get to the hotel. However, our sights were currently set on getting to Brie whom had told us she'd wait for us outside of the arena near the busses. As we were walking, I suddenly froze in place as out of the corner of my eye I could see Randy and The Shield snickering to each other in a little huddle. I cautiously turned my head in their direction slightly before a confused expression became painted on my face. Randy stood in the middle of the trio, running his thumb over his lips whilst a cocky grin came into play on his face. I raised an eyebrow becoming slightly startled by his actions but I just couldn't remove my sight from all four of them. I was snapped out of my frozen thoughts when I heard all the girls laughter from outside. I switched my gaze toward the doors then back to the four men who stood opposite me. I shot them a disgusted facial expression before carrying on my way outside, not bothering to even look back at them. 

"What happened to you? You were with us one minute then as soon as we got outside you were no where to be seen Lix." Nikki questioned, the look on her face only read both worried and concerned. I shook my head from side to side and placed a warmhearted smile on my lips.

"Nothing. It doesn't matter, honestly i'm okay." My tone was much more of a reassuring tone even thought I still felt somewhat uneasy about the events that had happened earlier on tonight. The fact that I hadn't seen or heard of Big Show after that all happened really struck a nerve in me. Did he also sell out? or were they just banning him from even seeing me? So many questions rapidly ran through my head as I pondered.

"I take it that kiss from Randy really did affect you." Alicia mumbled to herself, my ears pricked up and my eyes grew wide at her statement. I was having a mental debate with myself as I wasn't sure if it was true or not.

"He what?" I asked, Alicia then let out a small squeak as she froze in place. The other girls all turned to look at her with displeased facial expressions. Alicia shook her head as if it were nothing but I certainly wasn't buying it.

"What the hell Foxy? Is this true?" I turned to look at each of the girls individually however not one of them said anything. I caught Brie silently nodding which completely caught me off guard. I can't believe this, I should've realized when I was in the arena and Randy and The Shield were snickering whilst making gestures toward their lips. My head felt dizzy for a moment before I managed to regain myself.

"I'm getting so tired of this. I need to do something." I felt so concentrated on storming into their office during Smackdown when it came around that I completely forgot about everyone standing around me before I was shaken by AJ. 

"You're not doing anything for the rest of the night. You need to get rest, that's what you need." Brie crossed her arms, her tone stern as I let out a groan of irritation. I then eventually gave in and nodded at her words. 

"I'm just sick of them taking advantage of everyone. It probably wont be long until they target one of you as well. They already targeted John, Punk, Daniel and basically the majority of the superstars. I'm just worried that's all." I let out a sigh of distress, my gaze focusing on the ground. I then felt a slight nudge, causing my whole body to fall sideways slightly however I had managed to gain my balance. I turned my head in the direction of the nudge and saw Brie and Nikki hugging me. It wasn't long before Alicia and AJ joined in as well. 

"Don't worry about us. You've got enough on your plate right now. You're doing great, you could potentially save our division if The Authority ever plummeted into it." Alicia spoke, her tone filled with kindness and happy emotions. I felt starstruck for a moment after hearing those words. I never realized that they counted on me like that but the thought of trying to live up to that scared me on the inside. 

They all soon released from the hug as we all piled into Alicia's car. I propped my elbow up against the side of the window, millions of thoughts racing through my mind that I couldn't possibly ever gain the courage to express to everyone. Now that I knew the division was slightly relying on me it made me feel rather strange. The car journey didn't last that long as we had eventually reached our hotel. AJ threw herself out of the car and ran toward Punk, their lips connecting as I became completely taken aback. Did AJ finally cough up the courage to tell him? Whatever the case, I felt a burst of happiness for her. Brie headed toward Daniel and Nikki headed toward John which left both myself and Alicia trying to haul our suitcases out of the back of the car.

"Love sucks. I truly don't see the point in it." Alicia blew her hair out of her face with her sigh. She eventually managed to get her suitcase out of the car after struggling to grab it from under the others.

"Tell me about it. I have a creep chasing after me. Honestly, nothing could suck more than that." I groaned as I rubbed my jaw. The small bruise that had formed on it made me roll my eyes, I didn't even realize the punch was delivered as hard as that.

"Just swat him off, y'know like a fly." Alicia's strange reference only received a nervous laugh from my lips. I didn't understand what she was getting at all but then again, she does have a thing for coming out with the most random stuff. We didn't bother waiting on the other girls and headed inside the hotel, checking in then heading up to our rooms. 

"What's exactly wrong with you Alix. You say that it's nothing, but I know that's not true." Alicia refused to allow me access to my room, standing in front of the door and blocking my way in.

"Just the thought of 'potentially saving the division' from The Authority, just really worries me on the inside. I can't live up to those expectations. I've just been so reckless lately which could possibly put our division in jeopardy rather than save it." I leaned against the wall, rubbing my arm with my opposite hand. I felt anxious telling Alicia about my exact thoughts as I had no idea how she'd react.

"That's why we love you. You're a reckless little firecracker Alix. I'll be the first to admit this but you have a certain spunk about you that the rest of us don't. You're very brave for standing up for yourself and helping Daniel. You haven't quit which proves you belong here. None of us have the courage to stand up to The Authority, we currently live in fear of them because they had fired Cody. You're stronger than you think and you've got all of our support." Alicia tilted her head slightly and allowed a warmhearted smile to appear on her lips. She dropped her bags and suitcase then pulled me in for a friendly embrace. I felt a little better after telling her my exact thoughts and worries. Her reaction really made me think about what I was doing and the fact they loved my recklessness really put joy back into me.

Alicia then waved me off and headed into her own hotel room, leaving me standing in the hallway for a couple of minutes rethinking her words.

"Certain spunk huh?" A small grin appeared across my lips as I opened the door to my hotel room, taking in a deep breath as I did this. 

----------------------

I apologize for the short chapters etc that came before this, I'm actually beginning to slowly get into the real big part of the story which should begin from chapter 30 and up :)

Thank you all for your support & I will be updating chapters much more regularly.