Chapter Ten - Beyond Scared Straight

The determination the boys felt quickly vanished as they noticed where they stepped in to.  They were in a dingy white room, with concrete walls surrounding them.  There were multiple police officers standing around them.  They all wore angry glares on their faces.  There was a few other boys standing next to them, who all looked to be around the ages of fifteen or sixteen.

The boys all jumped, startled by the booming voice of a large police officer yelling at one of the boys standing next to them.  He then made the boy drop to the ground and do push ups.  "What's going on?"  Niall whispered to the rest of the guys.

"I think we're in a prison in like a program for troubled teens."  Zayn responded while gesturing to another officer screaming at one of the boys for drug use.

"How about we just leave here like we did the last time."  Louis quickly said.  He nor the rest of the boys wanted to be lectured and yelled at for things they didn't do.

They all nodded in agreement.  Louis noticed a door in the corner.  He started to walk over to it.  The rest of the boys went to follow but stopped as they noticed the large police officer that had been making the boy do push ups glaring at him.

"What the hell you think you're doing boy!"  He screamed as he marched over to Louis.  He stopped dead in his tracks.  All the color drained from his face.

The officer got right up in his face, only mere inches away.  "Huh?"

"I uhmm, I uhh...." Louis stammered.  "I was going to leave."

"So that's the way you think it is."  He said, his voice full of sarcasm.  A few other officers walked over.  "This boy thinks he can just walk on outta here."  The officer stated to the other officers.  They all laughed.

"You think that's how it is here.  Well hate to break it to you but it's not!  Once you get locked up, you don't get to decide things like that anymore.  You listen to what the officers tell you.  Your decision making walks right out the door along with your freedom.  Do you understand?"  He was still face to face with Louis, his hot breath hitting his face from his rant.

Louis nodded his head.  He was to freaked to comprehend words.

The officers proceeded to line the boys up against the wall.  They then tossed them all orange jump suits to put on over their clothes.  They all put them on, afraid of the repercussions if they didn't obey what the officers told them.

"Now we're going to head into the cell blocks.  If you guys thought we were scary, then you're in for a real treat now."  Another officer announced.

The officers lead them out the door that Louis tried to escape from and down a hallway.  They stopped at a pair of metal doors at the end of the hall.

"In here is the cell block for the inmates.  We have men that have murdered people in here.  This is serious stuff."  An officer warned before they opened the doors to let them enter.

Unfortunately for One Direction, they were all at the front of the line and were the first to enter.  All you could hear was the sound of prisoners yelling and screaming.  They were all crowded up against the bars of their cells trying desperately to grab at the boys.  It was like a bunch of rabid animals locked in a cage trying desperately to get out.

All the boys were frightened.  They walked huddled together trying to stay as far away from the inmates as possible.  There well cells on both sides of them, so they stuck to the middle.  They felt like they were back in the zombie apocalypse with all the inmates trying to grab at them.