Chapter 16 - Chicken or the Egg?

Chapter 16 – Chicken or the Egg?

There is that question, about what came first? The chicken? Or the egg? Those that say the chicken believe in god. He created the chicken, which then laid eggs. Then there are those scientists that say the egg. A chicken like creature laid a mutated egg – which was in actuality a chicken egg. There are countless other subcategories to it though, anyone can answer it differently. I always said the chicken came first. That's because C comes before E in the alphabet though.

***

"Why are we at a gym?" Colby complained. She did a number on the Stairmaster. Sweat dripped down her forehead.

"Because we are fat…isn't that what you said Ben?" Gwen panted, out of breath. She wanted to go home and have a large chocolate milkshake.

"No, I never said we were fat, I just said we haven't been exercising. Plus, Seth asked if I wanted to work out with him." Ben explained lifting up his empty water bottle. He tried to take a sip.

"Oh I get it; you were scared to come alone." Colby put her Stairmaster a level lower.

"Well, look at him," Ben followed Colby's lead.
"He is…" Gwen watched Seth bench-press a large weight then slide off into pushups. "He is…vigorous,"

"He is a flippin' energizer bunny. I couldn't work out with him alone. The thing is I could tell he was a work out freak. People with bodies like that don't just wake up like that." Ben explained as he tossed his empty bottle on the ground.

"No, they certainly don't," Gwen added noticing the muscles rippling under Seth's shirt.

"So, you wanted us here to protect you…from crazy exercising Seth." Colby figured out.

"Yes," Ben certified.

"You're pathetic." Gwen whispered under her breath.

"Shush, here he comes," Ben turned up the level of his Stairmaster. "Hey Seth,"
"Hey, you want to spot me? Or vice-versa?" Seth offered.

"Yeah, sure, I am almost done here." Ben acted like he had been on this vigorous level the entire time.

"Cool, then we can go back to my place and." Seth gave a promiscuous grin. "…take a shower together," Seth bit his lip and raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah," Ben smiled and chuckled. His legs ached and he wanted Seth to walk away so he could turn the level of intensity down a notch.

Seth walked away.

"Is he usually that horny?" Gwen pointed out stepping off her machine.

"I think it's something about working out, the testosterone or something, but that's the thing. I am always too tired to do anything afterwards." Ben laughed and turned his Stairmaster off.

"I see, trouble in the bedroom, you know if you don't have the stamina, maybe you do need the exercise." Colby joked stepping off hers.

***

Colby wandered with Barkley next to the river Thames. She leaned on the stone barrier and looked across the river at the parliament building. The sky was clear for once, a few bright stars poked through the light pollution.

Barkley came up behind the brunette and kissed her neck. Colby knew where this was going. She didn't want it to go there. They had an amazing dinner, where the soup was hotter than the conversation. Colby could see it coming, they didn't fit, they were too different and the chemistry wasn't there. She was bored by Barkley and even the sex wasn't that spectacular anymore.