Chapter 3 Brock

Brock hated that he was abnormal. He hated that instead of a house he was living in with a family he was living in a cave all by himself. All in all he hated life. He used to love everything in life until the day where his house burned down, the day the Fire Risers got banished.

He was around four years old that day. His parents had set up enchantments all around the house to stop the fire risers from coming. His parents were the last enchanters on the planet. They had hoped Brock would be one too, but he was an earth they knew since the day on the beach when one kid was destroying his sandcastle and sand flew into the the kids  eyes.

The night of the fire everything was going fine until the smoke.

"What are they doing here?" Asked his mom.

"I don't know." Replied his dad who glanced nervously at his wife.

"Who's here?" Brock asked coughing.

"Get out of here now." Said his parents in unison.

Brock ran out of the house. People were standing outside chanting something as flames appeared in their hands which they threw at the house. A weird bluish-purplish light was coming out of the roof. The chanters/Fire Risers seemed to be pulled to the light. They all got sucked in as the house fell.

"Mommy! Daddy!" Brock screamed over and over, but neither one of them were there to comfort him because they were dead.

Ever since that day Brock hated everything in the world. Brock looked down at his food supply. It was low. He had two apples and a moldy loaf of bread. Brock sighed and crawled out of his cave.

He ran for about 5 minutes before he got to the town. Everyone pretty much knew him in this town but no one knew his name. Brock liked it that way. When people tried to be friends with him he hated them like everyone else.

Today the town reeked of gasoline which was normal because this town was the only one for miles so people usually stocked up on gasoline for their cars. Today no one was on the streets which was good for him, no one to talk to. He went to the market where he saw old lady Gums as he called because she was very old and had no teeth.

She was looking the other way so he nicked a couple loafs of bread and some butter. Then he noticed something else. She wasn't moving when usually she was super energetic even for her age. Something really weird was going on in this town.

Brock walked over to her face and saw she was dead. He jumped back. And ran until he was at smelly Joe's. He stopped there to see if Joe was still alive. He walked into the garage where he saw three things of gasoline. He picked one up and felt that it was empty he did the same to the other two they were both empty.

He went to three other houses and all of them had no gas. At the fourth house he opened the door and walked in and then slipped making him slide on something wet. His face hit the ground onto gasoline.

"Oh no." Brock said.

He ran out of the house and into the fields separating the village from his cave and got all the gasoline off of his body, and walked back into town forming a rock hammer in his hand. He walked to the phone booth which was luckily free of gasoline. He put one of his few quarters into a phone booth and called 911 and told them the situation.

He then started walking out of the town, but the town exploded into flames behind him. Brock had to shield his eyes from the fire. As soon as his eyes had adjusted to the light he looked up and saw orangish-red light coming from the sky to the roofs of the houses. People were falling out of the sky as well. He could hear the cops and firemen sirens in the reach the town.

The cops took out their guns and the firemen their hoses. The people falling from the sky landed. The cop and fireman cars exploded in fiery light. Brock charged at the Fire Raisers and swung his hammer knocking two of them into the burning houses. Then something hit him from behind, his knees buckled and he fell, still swinging his hammer, but hitting no one. He was rapidly losing consciousness. Just before he lost consciousness he saw the two Fire Raisers he hit into the buildings coming out smirking at him, then he saw one rearing up to spit on his face just before he went out like a light.

The Fire Raisers had returned, more powerful than last time with less foes. How could they possibly fail?