Chapter Twenty-Two: James's Reaction, The Howler, and Remus' Troubles

Start from the beginning

                “You may have just heard the end of my relationship with James.” I declare as I fall onto the bed.

                “What?” they both gasp.

                I quickly explain the whole story and how James blew up.

                “James will come around. He’s hurt.”

                “Yeah, but it’s Christmas.” I protest. “If this was the reason that my relationship ends, I’m gonna kill Petunia.”

                “Lily, calm down. James will cool off and you’ll work it out.” Remus promises.

                “Lily, he’s right. James has been in love with you for years. He’s not about to something like this get it the way of you guys being together.” Sirius says gently.

                “If someone truly loves you, would they yell at you for doing something that you got forced into? Or call you impossible, saying that you never think things through?”

                Sirius looks stunned. “You’re not impossible.”

                “Lily, you have this…talent for seeing the good in people, especially when that person cannot see it for themselves. You’re not impossible. You do think things through, occasionally too much, but you do. You chose to do something that you weren’t happy about to make your sister happy. Tell me that’s not a good person!” Remus declares. “James is often hotheaded. He says something rude and someone gets hurt, but once the red in out of his vision, he’ll feel bad.”

                “I’ll try to get him to come around.” Sirius declares with a determined look.

                Sirius’ POV

                I find James sitting in his room. The walls look the same as they have for the past seven years that I’ve known him for. Quidditch posters and pictures cover almost one side of the room. “James?” I ask.

                “Yes?” James responds, looking up from yet another Quidditch magazine.

                “What edition is that?” I inquire, attempting to avoid the conversation that I know he needs.

                “The newest one.” James answers.

                “I know what happened between you and Lily.” I start.

                “She came crying to you.” he snorts. He looks like he’s trying to act angry, but I’ve known him long enough to know that he’s upset.