Chapter Eight: Loyalty and Night Plans

I can’t help but be wary. Potter hasn’t said anything. It’s been almost a week. Normally, if Potter has the chance to expose me, he would do it as soon as he could.

                “Lily, what’s the matter?” Marlene asks softly. “You look nervous. In fact, you’ve looked nervous ever since I had to send James with food on Tuesday. It’s Saturday.”

                I nod. “Sorry, it’s just…”

                “Don’t worry about it. If he does anything to hurt you, Alice and I will put him in the hospital wing for at least a week. I promise that we’ll try for longer, but he seems to have a remarkable healing rate.” Marlene vows with a deadly smile.

                I grin. “Thanks, I can always depend on you two.”

                “Seriously, though, I think if something’s up between you two, you should just talk to him about it. James can be a prat, but you’ve never seen the other side of him. He’s a good guy.”

                “I thought, a few years ago, you hated him as much as I did.” I admit.

                “Lily, I never honestly hated him and I don’t think you honestly do either. Try to see the other side of James before you say that you hate him.” Marlene says simply.

                “I should talk to him? You don’t understand-:”

                “No, you’re right, I don’t, but clearly James does and I think you should just talk to him about it.” she declares.

                I nod and take a deep breath. “You’re right. I’ve probably just panicked.”

                “I think he’s in the Heads’ dorms, if you wanna go talk to him.”

                “Thanks.” I turn and start walking down the corridor.

                I can’t go in. I can’t face him. I’m scared. Yes, I’m scared. It’s stupid, I shouldn’t be scared, but I am. What if this makes this worse? What if he asks too many questions, the questions that I don’t really have the answers to?

                I shake my head. I’m a Gryffindor. I can do this. “Quaffle,” I mutter. The portrait swings open and I walk in.

                Sirius and Potter are sitting on the couch, both look angry. “I can’t believe that you’d be that foolish. Are you insane, Sirius?” Potter asks coldly.

                “I’ve always made it clear that I don’t do things like that. She needs to accept that.” Sirius retorts.

                Potter shakes his head. “Fine, do what you want, I can’t stop you!”

                Sirius flings himself off the couch. “I’m leaving.” He glances at me and walks past me out of the room.

                Potter looks frustrated. “Sorry, that you had to walk in on that.”

                I nod. “It’s alright.”

                “No it’s not alright.” Potter says bluntly.

                “Are you going to be okay?”

                “I’m fine, just tired of Sirius’ drama.”