Chapter Twenty Seven

Start from the beginning

            After a long walk, she was placed on a bed. It wasn't what she would call soft, but it was soft enough for her to be comfortable on. They'd unchained her after the first few beatings because she was too weak to walk which meant she was in no fit state of fighting against the men. Unfortunately for Justin, he'd had to be chained up and watch Lila come in every day with beatings but he'd been a lab rat for the new drugs these people were using. Thankfully, they'd kept them both in the same cell so Lila didn't feel as lonely as she should have.

            “Alright you two, we've got a plan but we need you to tell us what pack you're from.” Nicholas told them both, after making sure that no one was around.

            “Why should we tell you?” Justin spat and Lila adjusted her head so she could watch them both.

            “So that Kev and I can see how long it'll take them to get here. It's not like it's a five minute run. It's pretty far to get to the town, let alone finding this place.” Nicholas frowned and Lila was surprised. He shouldn't have expected Justin to tell them their pack or where they were from. Especially not after the way they were treated.

            “Why should we trust you? You've treated us like dirt.”

            “I haven't hurt you as much as the others.”

            “You still did.” Justin narrowed his eyes at Nicholas and Lila sighed. It was pretty much the only noise she could make which didn't hurt her throat at all.

            “I can't disobey Louis' orders. Just because I've had to hurt you doesn't mean I enjoyed it.” Nicholas admitted, Lila could see that he was in a hurry.

            “Darren Hart.” She whispered and she felt Justin's death stare on her.

            “Lila!” Justin hissed but she didn't care; she just wanted to go home. She was sick of being asked where that God-damned stone was! She didn't know! It was the same questions over and over again and no matter how many times she refused to answer or even tell them she didn't know, they didn't believe her.

            “Where's the town you came from?”

            “Lockhart.” She ignored Justin telling her off – he wasn't in the same position as her. At least he wasn't in as much pain as she was.

            “All right. When the drug wears off, and it should in an hour or so you need to contact your mate and tell him that you're in Elgin and to look for a building with a globe on the top.” Nicholas stood up and walked to the bars before glaring at them. Lila guessed that one of the other guards were coming.

            “Alright Nicky?” It was a small, fat, balding man who came in.

            “Given them both their doses. You don't need to.”

            “B-But Louis said...”

            “Well I've done it. Deal with it.” He snarled at the man before turning back to Lila and Justin. “If I hear a peep out of you both, you'll be in the hole.” Nicholas stormed out, grabbing the smaller man's arm and dragging him out with him. He made sure that the door closed with a loud, echoing slam.

            “What are we doing then?” Justin asked Lila, who had managed to sit up after a lot of whimpering.

            “We contact the pack.” She whispered, her voice coarse from the screaming and crying. “We do as Nicholas says.”

            “You trust him!?” He asked, not believing what he was hearing. Lila didn't blame him.

            “We have to.” She coughed, tears springing to her eyes as it started to sting her throat, before she carried on talking. “He's giving us a chance to talk to the pack. He's told us where we are.”

            “But look what he's let them do to you!”

            “He's got no choice!” Her voice was starting to raise and she coughed again.

            She heard Justin sigh and knew she had him joining in with this plan.

            “What do I do?”

            “Contact Alpha Hart and Mamaw. I'll talk to Logan.” She watched as Justin nodded. She felt her eyelids drooping.

            “Don't go to sleep, not yet. Once you talk to Logan then you can, okay?” Lila nodded subconsciously but she wasn't sure how long she could last. She was so, so tired.

----------------------------------------

Once I've finished YaY, I'll work on Amor Immortalis and then when that's done, I'll start on 'Fallen From Grace' (hopefully I'll have written a few chapters, I'm still working on the prologue and it's been a week since I started it!).  I might take down TF & SoaA.. I don't really like either story that much anymore.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! x