50

Chresanto's P.O.V.

"Are you having fun?"

Quentin looked at me and shrugged his shoulders, he glanced at the basketball in his hands. I decided that maybe Quen and I needed one on one time, we needed to do something together and bond. I don't have that close of a relationship with him because of his personality and how he feels about Jacob.

"I guess" he murmured, "if you call throwing a ball into a hole fun..."

"Okay so basketball obviously isn't your thing" I nodded my head and placed my hands on my waist. "Uh... There's soccer? Do you like soccer?"

"Hadley is the sporty twin..."

"Right... That's right" I pursed my lips and looked around, this is not going as well as I hoped it would. "What do you like then?"

"Video games".

"There's an arcade three blocks from here" I informed, "do you want to go there instead?"

"Yeah".

I watched him put the basketball away and we left the rec center, the drive to the arcade was quiet because I didn't know what to say and neither did Quentin. He looked kind of plain up until the moment we actually walked into the arcade. His lips turned up into a small smile and I felt relieved because I was beginning to do something right for once with him.

"This place is cool" he stated, looking around.

We walked up to the front counter and I bought us a cup of coins. I had no idea what the hell any of the games were, so I just gave the cup to Quentin and followed him around. He looked like he was having fun and that's all I really wanted, I didn't want him coming here and thinking that he should've just stayed at home with his mom. He's my son, I want to have the father-son bonds that I see on the TV, and right now, we don't have that.

"Quentin, you do realize I'm almost thirty, right? I can't move like you" I stated, frowning as I watched his thumbs push buttons on the game controller in his hand.

"Dad, I'm literally just using my thumbs" he laughed, "you've got a real problem if you can't move your thumbs".

"I'm using my age as an excuse" I chuckled, "I don't know what any of these buttons do".

"It's okay, you lost anyway".

"I wonder why".

Quentin and I played some more games until we both got hungry, we found a table to sit at in the dining section and ordered a pizza. I didn't know what to say while we were waiting, so I didn't say anything. I should be able to hold a conversation with my own son without it feeling strained or forced, but I couldn't.

"Sorry" Quentin murmured once he had a slice of pizza in front of him, I watched as he put a lot of Parmesan cheese on top.

"For what?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"For the way I've been treating Jacob..." He trailed off and took a sip of his Sprite, "it wasn't very nice".

"But you knew that, and you still talked to him the way you did".

"Yeah".

"You really hurt his feelings, Quen" I sighed, "he didn't do anything to you. Why do you hate him so much?"

He shrugged his shoulders, "I don't hate him..."

"It's kind of hard for me to believe you".

"Okay so maybe I hate him, but just a little bit. I just don't like that he's living with you".