16

Jacob's P.O.V.

"You're going where?"

"California".

Elijah looked at me, eyes wide with excitement. "I swear if you weren't my best friend I'd be jealous as hell, but all I am is happy for you".

I smiled, "thanks".

"When do you leave?"

"Tonight, it's only an hour and forty-two minute flight from here to Cupertino, California. Chres said that we'll go to Los Angeles too, I've already got everything packed. Elijah, I'm so excited".

I watched him cross his legs, we're sitting in the living room of Chresanto's house. I didn't go to work with him today, I decided to talk with Elijah before we left. "You've got to promise to bring me back a souvenir".

"I promise" I said, my eyes moving to the stairs when I saw a blur of grey. Luna came walking into the room, jumping up onto the couch.

"Oh" Elijah said, reaching out to touch her. "He's got a cat".

I hummed, "yup, that's Luna".

"Cute" he murmured, scratching between her ears, which caused her to purr loudly. He smiled a bit, "I'm happy for you, I really am. You deserve it".

"I wouldn't say I deserve it, I didn't really do anything to earn it" I admitted, Elijah just continued to smile. "I, um... So I went to Blaze a week ago to apologize to Mr. Anderson about just leaving without any explanation, and while I was leaving I saw you and Rayan going into a room together". Elijah looked at me, I cocked my head to the side, "what's going on?"

He shrugged, "nothin', just sex".

"He pay extra again?"

"How do you know he paid extra the first time?"

"He came over to Chresanto's office and we talked for a while. He revealed that he had sex with you, which I already knew, he told me he paid extra for him to be on top".

"He sure did, and this time was just as great as last time. He wasn't mad, but it was still just as great as the first time we had sex. I don't know if it's going to become anything though".

"I think it will, he defended you and said you had sex with people because it's the only choice you've got".

Elijah smirked, "typical, we have sex once and he thinks he knows me". He stared at Luna, "he doesn't know a thing about me".

"When was the last time you... Ya'know?"

"I haven't done the really hard stuff in two months ago, like coke, I haven't snorted coke in two months".

"That's great" I replied, smiling at his accomplishment, "I'm proud of you".

"Thanks, at least someone is..." He said, "I didn't think I'd last this long without a fix, I've had these really bad urges for it, especially at night when I'd usually snort, but I always find something else to do. I draw a lot on paper when it gets really bad, I'm not going back to that shit though, I'm just going to stick with weed". He shrugged a bit, "it's still a drug, but it's way safer than coke".

I nodded, "yeah, how often do you smoke it?"

"Not as much as I used to, I get high like.... twice a month now, I'm trying to save up so I can buy an actual house instead of living in an apartment. I also have college to think about also".

"Where do you think you want to go?"

He shrugged, "some community college, I don't care, I'd be lucky just to get accepted".