15

Jacob's P.O.V

"Have you ever been on a plane?"

"No, they're scary" I answered.

"So you'd rather stay here while I go to California?"

I looked over my shoulder, my eyes landing on Chresanto who was signing papers at his desk. He glanced at me before looking back at the papers. "Why're you going to California?"

"Business trip, it's a week and half away from now. I'm leaving on a Friday and returning on Monday morning. I know I said I expect you to come with me on trips, but if you don't want to then you can stay home".

I turned so I was staring out of his office window again. I'd been sitting here for a good ten or fifteen minutes now, enjoying the sun and the fact that I could see so many people walking on the sidewalk, but they couldn't see me. "Um..." I murmured, pressing my forehead against the glass and closing my eyes. "Yeah, I'd like to come with you... Never been to Cali".

"Okay, I want to start packing as soon as possible. I want to make sure everything is as it should be, I have to see if Rayan will watch the house while we're gone, and Luna as well".

"Okay".

"Are you alright?"

I hummed.

"You sure? You seem quiet today".

"Just tired, my butt still hurts from the flogger. I can't really sit down without it hurting, but it's not that bad".

I felt kind of bad because I couldn't handle the punishment Chresanto gave me. I got through four, I should've been given ten. I didn't color out because I didn't want to disappoint Chresanto. He stopped on his own, said something along the lines of 'you can't handle it'. I guess he was right because I was crying really hard because it hurt a whole lot.

"How bad does it hurt?"

"It's a five".

"On a scale of one to ten?"

"Mhm".

"Why didn't you safe word?"

"Didn't want to disappoint" I answered, "I don't know".

"For this to work, I need you to talk to me" he said, I pressed my fingers against the glass. "I was waiting for you to use the safe word because I knew you were in a lot of pain, but you didn't. I want you to be safe, you can't let me hurt you, you've got to use the safe word".

"Punishment is supposed to hurt".

"Yes, but it's not supposed to hurt to the point where you're crying as hard as you were".

I sighed, opening my eyes to look down at the street. "Okay, I'm sorry" I apologized, "I'll color out next time".

"I don't like you playing with your safety".

"Okay".

"Come here".

I stood up from my spot on the floor, walking to him and sitting on his lap. He wrapped an arm around my waist, holding me to him. I watched him use his free hand to organize papers, he was humming softly. "I won't be able to go to meetings with you, will I? You know, while we're in California because you've got to keep me a secret".