Sergi Roberto [~] Birthday Amnesia

Sergi Roberto

For MathildeLoves1D:

Mathilde was fuming as she glanced at the clock. It was nearly ten at night and she hadn't received a single call or text. Not a single message or appearance from her boyfriend for the whole day. Mathilde never wanted to turn into one of those obsessive girlfriends but the fact that her boyfriend of three years, Sergi Roberto, couldn't find enough energy to even shoot her a text on her birthday greatly upset her. It was her birthday! And it seemed everyone that she cared for had told her congratulations except for her boyfriend.

Deciding that he definitely wasn't going to call or text, Mathilde tucked her phone into one of the drawers in her bedroom, tired of looking at its screen for a birthday text from Sergi. Changing out of her clothes, Mathilde lay in bed before falling asleep shortly afterwards. Meanwhile, Sergi was out hanging with his friends from Barcelona at a restaurant.

They group was laughing and enjoying themselves when Neymar turned to look at Sergi. "Hey, Sergi, how did Mathilde let you go out tonight?"

"What do you mean?" Sergi asked, confusion on his face.

"I mean, I thought the two of you would be doing something for her birthday tonight," Neymar shrugged, having memorized Mathilde's birthday as she was one of his close friends even before she and Sergi started dating.

"It's not her birthday today," Sergi frowned, causing everyone else to fall silent.

"Dude, how did you not remember her birthday?!" Gerard questioned. Sergi quickly looked at his phone to see the date and gulped and face palmed.

"Shit, I forgot!"

"We kind of got that impression," Sergio chuckled, causing Sergi to shoot him a dirty look.

"I got to go! Shit, how am I going to get out of this hole?" Sergi muttered to himself, grabbing his jacket and keys. Running to his car, Sergi turned it on and sped towards Mathilde's house. Mathilde awoke to her doorbell ringing multiple times. Groaning, she looked at the clock, which read about one in the morning, and got out of bed. Rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, Mathilde walked downstairs and looked through the peephole in the door. Seeing Sergi standing outside her door, Mathilde growled in annoyance before pulling the door open.

"Yes?" she asked rudely, causing Sergi to flinch.

"Hey, babe," Sergi smiled nervously as Mathilde's face remained in an angry glare directed his way. "So, I know I forgot your birthday and I'm really sorry about that. How can I make it up to you?" Sergi asked, before Mathilde slammed the door shut in his face. "Shit."

Mathilde went back to sleep and ignored any and all texts, calls, and appearances from Sergi for the next two days. On the third day, Mathilde was walking about her home when a letter was slipped under her door. Passing by the letter, Mathilde cocked an eyebrow and walked towards it. Picking it up and off the ground, Mathilde ripped it open and pulled out the letter that was inside it. Unfolding it, Mathilde started walking towards the kitchen. Tossing the envelope onto the counter, Mathilde's eyes danced across the page as she read it.

Dear Mathilde,

I am so sorry that I forgot your birthday. I completely lost track of time. That doesn't excuse my actions, nor does it do justice to you or your feelings. Which is why, starting with this letter, I'm going to remind you and myself of how much I love you and about how sorry I am.

Love,

Sergi

Mathilde put the letter down and turned to the envelope. Picking up the picture that lay inside it, Mathilde flipped it over to see a picture of her and Sergi. The two were in Ibiza with his friends and he had just asked her on a date. Marc, being a little sentimental, took a picture of the moment. Mathilde placed the photo down gently on the table, next to the letter, and went back to what she was doing before.

Passing by the door an hour later, she found another envelope sitting there. Ripping this one open, Mathilde read the small note before starting at the receipt in her hand. It was the receipt from their second date, when he had insisted upon paying for their meal and Mathilde was surprised to see that he had kept it all these years later. As the days passed, more and more envelopes piled up on Mathilde's table. With each envelope, Mathilde found herself on memory lane.

She had received several photos of the two of them at milestones in their relationship, including career highs, anniversaries, and many more little moments that even Mathilde had to strain her brain to remember fully. Mathilde passed by her door again, to see a red envelope on the floor. All of the ones in the past had been white and Mathilde found herself itching to find what was inside the envelope.

Opening it, something tumbled out and onto the floor. Mathilde quickly bent down to grab it off the floor, only to gasp when she realized what it was. It was a charm bracelet with little charms that corresponded to items Sergi had sent her. Opening the envelope, Mathilde read the letter quickly before dropping it and racing to open the door. Sergi stood outside with a cake that said 'Happy Late Birthday and Anniversary!' on it.

Mathilde took the cake from his hands and placed it inside on a table without a word to Sergi, confusing the Spaniard. Returning to the door, Mathilde stared at Sergi for a moment before rushing forwards and leaping into his arms. "I forgive you," she smiled as Sergi hugged her tight to himself. Pulling out of the hug, Sergi instead pulled Mathilde into a passionate kiss. The two kissed passionately before Mathilde, not breaking contact with Sergi's lips, pulled the two of them into her home.

Wrapping her arms around his neck, Mathilde wrapped her legs around his waist. Sergi lifted her up more before quickly making his way up the stairs towards Mathilde's room. "I guess I still have a lot of making up to do," Sergi winked causing Mathilde to roll her eyes at her boyfriend.

"You're lucky I love you, you dork," she smiled before Sergi pulled her into another kiss.