Chapter 13

vote, comment, follow & spread pls thank you keep safe xxxx

。・:*:・゚。・:*:・゚

First impressions first as a wave of shock hit me with a baseball as we both stood just outside our front door. I didn't know Ryder have a car let alone a pickup one in the shiny black. It looks brand new alright. I've always wanted one of this.

I made a mental note to have a deep conversation to know this bastard better because I don't like it how I'm surprised about every single thing he does or show.

"Aren't you going to get in?" he spoke, I swear his tone and I are definitely acquaintances.

"Aren't you going to tell me how you never showed me your car?" I spat back, eyebrows raised in an instant as I turned to look at him.

His shoulders shrugged while he kept swirling the keys on fingers. I didn't also notice until now that he wore a pair of Raybans sunglasses. I blinked twice- I didn't even know it's that sunny.

"I like walking but since we're going out of town-"

My hands raised before my mind cane proceed, waving them in front of me as though a signal for him to stop talking, blinked and distanced myself from him. Hands falling on my hips, hips jerking to the side.

"Who says we're going out of town?"

"Me?" He had the nerve to roll his eyes at me.

"Did you even consider asking me before taking me out?" I bluntly let out an exaggerating gasp with my hands clasping my mouth wide-eyed as I spoke. "Are you kidnapping me? Jesus! Are you planning to kill me then steal all my money?"

"That's the original plan and yes, I am kidnapping you." He said and without any permission, he walked closer to me and swiftly carried me until my body was slumped against his shoulder.

"Put me down!" I demanded, yelled, screamed, threw weak punches on his back before hitting his plum buttocks. He laughed then slapping my bum for revenge. "You did not just do that."

"I did. You're welcome." I heard the car door opened, bum hitting the leather material with pink cheeks. I slumped on seat, watching him jog in front of the car then sat next to me.

Opened the engine then off to the streets we go. Just like any white girl out there, I pulled out my phone, clicked the Snapchat application then took a picture on the windshield with his hand on the wheel, radio channel on, did some things to it and finally posted it on my story.

Typical.

I did some scrolling but clicked on the username of Liza Koshy. The only Youtuber that I find funny other than nigahiga and Superwoman. Watched her story with the latest pun ever created on her social media history before not letting go and laughed on my own.

"I didn't know you watch Youtube people's personal life." He startled me by speaking, glancing at me every so often before focusing fully on the busy road ahead of us.

"I didn't know you came into my life." Told you I get sassy every now and then.

He held back a grin. I knew it. "I know baby. That's the best decision I've ever made in my whole 18 years of existence." I swear I felt my heart skipped a beat when the endearment sinks in. "Plus I hit a jackpot for knowing your parents are damn rich."

I slapped him on the arm. "Hey! I'm driving!" he faked whined.

"That's what you get for having the same jokes over and over again." I'm not getting tired of it by the way, just hiding the warmth from my neck crawling up my cheeks. "Where are you taking me?"

"To a place called shut up Cassandra and let me drive."

Earned him a scowl, rolling of eyes then decided to change the radio station since the previous one was playing Careless Whisper and it's not the mood I was looking for. Bon Appetit started playing on the other I found, turning the volume up a little bit and started singing along.

"When's your birthday?" he asked out of the boring blue as he turned a curb.

"August 10." I muttered- I heard him suck a deep breath.

"Are you fucking with me?" he asked in disbelieve.

"I am not."

"You're fucking with me, aren't you?" he repeated with different interrogative and impudent sentence.

I faced my body towards him. "Look, if we're going to do this relationship thing then there must be rules. I'll set rule number one out of three and no procrastinating because you need Jesus."

"Okay then. I'll think about the other rules then but you sure you ain't messing with me?"

"I'm not. I'm serious. I have a birth certificate, family and a doctor to prove it." I said too seriously. "Why you jumped into conclusions and think I'm messing with you?"

"You have the same birthday as my sister." He muttered softly. "And my recent three exes who appeared to be... uh... you know the effing word of having bitch and annoying as hell as the adjectives."

"You're losing." I hit him on the arm repeatedly until he caught my arm and brought it on the console between us.

"If rule number 1 belongs to you then rule number two belongs to me." He randomly said, turning into a curb to the road where fewer cars appeared but more stores came in sight. "No talking with opposite genders except the two subjects included and other close relatives."

"Fair enough." I mumbled.

"The most important rule though- never include romance or any action of love."

"So kissing is prohibited?" my mind went flashback to where he kissed me at the gender reveal party.

"Yes. Hugs and holding of hands are exceptional."

That triggered me to keep silent for the whole ride. He kept with the flow and did the same thing as I did. I was quietly looking at the window, looking at places I have not yet seen before and now here I am admiring every single store, trees and simply the cars passing by. Even counted them to keep my mind from wandering off and breaking the walls of silence.

Ryder then entered a parking lot near a carnival. My eyes lit up- it's been years since I've rode any type of rides. It looks nice but only few vehicles were parked since it's only daylight. He turned off the engine and sighed- a very loud one.

"Let's go." He said in a rather awkward tone than the gravelly one.

Opened the car door with full of giddiness, I escaped the tension and unto the breeze of ten in the morning. Damn, how long we've been sitting there? I turned to look at Ryder but he moved his eyes away when he noticed I caught him staring.

Like the staring of admiration when I woke up a bit earlier than him and decided to admire the peaceful not bastard face of his as he slept like little child. Caught me red-handed but at least I've noticed the hair that was out of his eyebrows.

"We'll watch a movie first." His hand signalled over the theater just beside the fun. I pouted in disapproval.

"But I want to have fun now."

"Plenty of time later to spare. We just need buy some time." And with that, he walked away from me, hands on his pocket as the air hit me. But before he could even step a foot away from me, my hands clasped on his arm.

We both stood there, just me having a huge reflex on holding onto him- just afraid of him walking away from me. I don't know- I don't want him to leave me alone even for just a minute.

As I realized my grip, I pulled away from it and stare at the moving cloud just above him. The tension of his gaze burning a hole through me- oh God, this is so awkward. Heart beats faster, mind racing as I search for the words to say.

"Um..." I freaking stuttered. "I haven't eaten anything yet."

Like on a cue, my stomach churns like a hungry lion. Can I just disappear? "Okay." And with just a word, he grabbed my hand and led me into somewhere for the first ever date.

。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆