Chapter 5

。・:*:・゚。・:*:・゚

Lights illuminated brightly against the sensitivity of my eyes as I opened them. Nothing but the smell of fresh flowers mixed with oranges filled the atmosphere. This isn't my room, those lights were never that bright and the smell is never close to what home smells like. Beeping on my left side, I breathed though something under my nose, my whole body throbbed in pain but I moved it. A weight on my hand was evident, I shook it off a little bit.

He looked up, eyes puffy and red from I assume sleep. It was the same guy that annoys me in the café before I go through this. Events came in a flash, the talking, the eating peacefully before turning into a murderous gun shots and screams. Tears pooled in my eyes again- all those people died. Those innocent people died while I'm regaining my strength.

I shouldn't let shock overtook; I should've saved those people if I wasn't an idiot. I should've stopped whoever was behind the attack by calling the police. I should've helped others to escape.

"Oh, Cassie." I heard him spoke, his voice was soft but it just made me cry even more. I was so selfish. "Shhhh, love. Everything's going to be okay."

"Those people died." I said in between cried, holding onto his arm as I let my tears fall on his chest. My hand gripped his clothing, trembling in fear and blaming. "They should be a-alive! The-they're innocent-"

His hands cupped my face me to look at him straight in the warmth of his green eyes alone. It soothes me in a way I can't understand- his eyes held an emotion of determination and love even. It wasn't dull- if anything it felt like home. I stopped crying but sobs still escaped my lips.

"None of this is your fault, okay? You didn't know it was going to happen-"

"But we could've saved them!" I broke into tears once again, but he leans and planted a kiss on my forehead. The simplest gesture calmed me down, fluttering my heart.

"Safety comes first, you understand? You were in shock. You can't blame yourself when none of this is your fault. It wasn't anyone's fault. Yes, we could save them but what if you were killed? What if everyone trying to save anyone were killed also?" he spoke, looking directly at me. "What matters are those survivors and the guy is in jail. Justice will come to those who died, you understand, love?"

I nodded, continuously. I understand. But at least we saved ourselves, the same thing as those who came out alive. I gulped loudly, breathing in steady breaths as the guilt continues to fade. It wasn't anyone's fault. Safety comes first, right?

The doors opened, he retrieved his hands and stood up properly. Mom's face were red, tears messed up her makeup as she rushed to my side. Dad shaking the guy's hand. She cradles me close, sobbing while speaking.

"Thank God, you're alive!" the rasp of her voice was evident. "I don't know what will happen if you died out there!"

"I'm fine, mum. Don't worry too much." I smiled, kissing her cheeks as a way to calm her down. Dad hugged me but didn't say a word. My brothers came rushing minutes after, both looking sweaty as if they run from university to here. They look like they're about to cry but the banter between us removed the intoxicating air.

"So the boyfriend became the man of the hour, huh?" Abcd spoke, looking at green-eyes there standing beside him. He turned to shake his hand and even went for a brother hug. Bryan did the same after moments of staring, judging green-eyes from where he stood.

Wait, boyfriend?

"Thank you so much for protecting my daughter, Ryder. We appreciate it so much; words can't describe how grateful we are that she found a guy like you." Mom spoke through teary eyes.

My jaw drop. What's going on in here? Is this some sort of a joke?

"Unlike that cunt from before." Bryan muttered under his breath, Abcd nudged him on the stomach. He bent down, held onto the monitor for support as he let out a slight groan. I smirked- that's what he gets for being too mouthy.

"We hope you do continue to protect and of course love my daughter, young man." Dad spoke in his dominance tone, a dash of appreciation on it. He patted green on his back, gave me another kiss in goodbye as he went his way to continue his meeting.

Moments passed and I found myself sitting on the bed with only green to keep me company. I was asleep for a day and a half- enough to pull my parents out of business trance and my brothers from studying. It was a bit selfish to keep them with me so I sent them off to continue since I have my boyfriend here.

"Say, boyfriend, when did we officially became together?" I spoke as soon as the coast is clear. Green closed the door, rolled his eyes and sat on the chair next to the bed.

"Don't fall in love with me, it'll be dangerous." He teased back, sighing loudly as he took an apple from the fruit basket then take a bite. "I haven't eaten anything since this morning."

"What were you doing all this morning? Babysitting me?"

"Oh, you noticed. I appreciate that." He winked at me before taking another bite. "Funny how your whole family praises me but here you are being sassy and sarcastic."

I rolled my eyes, slowly leaning back on the pillow behind my back. "Do you often do this? Saving someone then announcing to their family that you're in a relationship? Am I the 56th victim?"

Green chuckled, chewing before talking. "Now that you gave me that idea, I should do it soon and plan everything to get the praise I want from people. Thank you." Rolling my eyes is an overrated reaction. "You're the first victim, feel special."

"Unbelievable." I groaned, finding this conversation lightweight. He doesn't answer any question, well he answers them with false information laced with humor to sound either sarcastic or funny. "I'm so rude but may I know the name of my dearest boyfriend?"

"It's the mighty oh-so-fabulous Ryder, at your service, m'lady." He even stood up, bowed but without the famous smirk of his.

"Green suits better." I spoke, mentioning him to sit down. "So, what's your plan after pretending we're in a relationship?"

He shrugs, throwing the core of the apple on the bin beside the door, applauding to himself as it went straight to the trash like he's in a basketball league. "You're already mine to keep so no other boys allowed."

I gasped, shocked by those words coming out of his mouth. "I own myself, how dare you speak like that? Am I property to you or something?" I argue, who the hell does he think he is?

In an instant, Ryder stood up, trapping me between his hands placed beside me. His face close to my face, breaths on my lips and the dramatic change of color of his eyes- it's nearly blue as I continued to hold my head high.

"If I claim what's mine, it's mine. No argue or any bullshit, understand? We'll pretend before I call it quits." His voice was gravelly low. "For the meantime, you're mine."

I was caught in surprised by the way he spoke. It frightened me but I pushed it back and bravely faced him. "I don't like lying." I said, making no sense at all.

"Get used to it, we'll use it more."

。・:*:・゚。・:*:・゚

Dun dun duuuuuuuuuun lol

hope you liked this chapter, vote, comment and follow

it'll mean a lot

Keep safe, love you xxxx