♔ 2- Teach Me How to Smile Again

**The next day**

//Nunnally's POV//

A trail of black smoke followed my footsteps as I made my way down the streets of Magnolia. Everyone's stares were on me, fear clouding their eyes as parents clutched tightly to their children and marketers stood defensively near their produce. It was almost enough to make me laugh. They should know I'm not here to harm them. I almost can't remember a time when the towns people didn't fear me, that sweet moment in time when I was known for my kindness, and my soft raven locks. I miss those times...

I quickly made my way to my apartment and triple locked the doors as well as enchanted the building. I've made so many enemies over the years, I don't need them breaking in and killing me in my sleep. I re-quipped out of my shadow empress armor and changed into a plain black camisole and white sweatpants. walking into my kitchen area, I opened the cabinet and grab a tea cup but before I could close it a sheen of silver caught my eye. I push the cups away and pulled out the what looked to be an old photo album. N.L. was embroidered on the cover and shiny silver jewels embedded the trim of the sleek black leather.

"I haven't seen this thug in years..." I mumbled to myself. The first page was a picture of Mira, Lisanna and I, and taped next to it was a letter. My eyes brimmed with tears as I remembered that same letter was the news Mira had delivered to me of Lisanna's death. She was so pure, and full of joy, my complete opposite, my best friend... And I didn't even show up to her funeral. Not wanting to look through the rest, I tucked the photo album back where I found it and continued making my tea.

\\//\\//

Around an hour has passed and I was sitting on my couch, drinking my third cup of tea when I heard a knock on my door. Sitting up I lazily trudged to the door and opened it to find someone standing there with a box full of pastries...Lucy.

"Uh... Hey Luc, what are you doing here?" I asked inviting her in.

"Oh Nunnally! I didn't know you lived here! I had heard the landlady rented out the apartment next to mine but I didn't know who it belonged to so I wanted to bring a housewarming gift and say hi." She explained, wow that was a mouthful.

"Oh uh, thanks." I took the pastries from her and put them away.

"Mirajane told me you had a place in Fairy Hills, how come you're not staying there?" she asked. I frowned and invited her to sit at the counter in the kitchen.

"It brings back to many bad memories..." I replied, eating a cookie from the pastry box and handed her one.

"Oh, well, I never got the chance to ask but, what type of magic do you Mage in?" I pursed my lips and narrowed my eyes.

"Well it's a little difficult to explain but... I'm a multi-magic user." I said.

"Multi-magic? I've never heard of it before." She said tilting her head a bit.

"That's because it doesn't exist." I looked out the window and notice the sun at its highest "I'm the only known person to poses it." I looked back at Lucy as she watched and listened, intrigued "Because I invented it."

"That's so cool! What is it?!" She asked leaning forward on the table.

"I'm able to mimic any type of magic I see. For example, ice magic, I learned how to use it just from watching Gray practice. And Erza, I also posses re-quipping Magic, and just when everyone thought only she could use it. But, I specialize in shadow dragon slayer magic, I use that more than any other, aside from re-quip." I grinned at the end of my sentence and folded my arms.