11

Author's note: this is a long long loNG chapter about how the rest of this story plays out because, as dumb as it sounds, I am so extremely lazy omg. I'm going to try and plan out a new story and write the whole book before I even publish one chapter. It's already in the workssss!! I hope you enjoy this btw)

//Not Pretending - An Overall View\\

Morley and Carter continued to be best friends, no matter what Mason thought. It was senior year and something suddenly happened between the two.

\|/\|/

I walked over to Carter's house, who has been my favorite neighbor and my best friend throughout everything that I've been through these past few years. Thick and thin.

It's at the point where I just walk in and their whole family just welcomes me in, unlike my family, who has totally disbanded.

My sister decided that she was going to 'run away' with this boy that my parents didn't approve of. She's only 16 and it made my parents fight a lot, mainly because they felt as though it was their fault that they raised her to be this way.

She's Nicole. She'll get over it.

Hopefully.

But my dad left my mom and I to live in this huge house alone. It still feels so empty, lonely, and painfully quiet all the time. My mom is never home either, which really doesn't help the situation at all, therefore, I am constantly with Carter.

As for my dad and my sister, I have no idea where my dad went, which I absolutely hate the feeling of. My sister lives with my aunt and her boyfriend, and they both have dropped out of school.

"So, have you thought of your plan for after school yet?" Carter asked me as we were laying around.

"Not really. I've started my applications, thought. What about you?" I responded.

"I don't know. Hey, but I have an idea."
"Yeah? What's that?" I questioned, intrigued.

"What if we went to college together and, like, lived together." He proposed.
That sounded like a perfect idea to me, since this whole thing with my family has made me completely terrified of being alone.
"YES."

"Wait yes?" Carter asked, as if he was shocked.
"Hell yes."
"Okay, well, before you make a decision, I have to tell you something insanely import-"

His mom was calling us to dinner from downstairs.
"Tell me later, okay?"

\|/\|/
(6 months later)

"Morley, are you awake?" Carter whispered.
"Kind of? What time is it?" I asked sleepily.

"I don't know, but I need to tell you something."

"Okay..." I said, yawning and rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

I sat up and readjusted so that I was sitting across from Carter on his bedroom floor. It was almost completely dark, it had to be near to 3 in the morning. I could see a very faint image of him and his strong figure.

"Okay. So this is something that I have been trying to tell you for a good 2 years now."
He nervously brought a hand through his hair.
"Carter, what is it?"