10

I immediately felt all the weight lift off my shoulders as I felt his lips softly moving in sync with mine. All of my fears, everything I've ever thought about him have all changed. Except for the fact that I loved him. I loved him so much and I didn't think I would ever love him again, or at least never show it.
I broke apart and smiled as I leaned my forehead against his. He smiled a warm smile back at me and I closed my eyes. He grasped my upper arm and slid his hands down until he reached my wrists, and brought my arms up to meet his as he slid his hands into mine. Our hands intertwined and brought us closer together.
"Mason." I whispered.
"Yeah, babe?" he said softly back.
"Why?" I asked, ruining the moment.
"I'll tell you the story later." he said, kissing me once more.
I pulled away slowly. "No, now."
He sighed. "I will admit, in the beginning I went with you to make her jealous." He smiled at me as I frowned, looking away. "But I never expected to fall for you."
I looked back at him, tilting my head. I sighed, not knowing what to do. I immediately felt guilty for ignoring the phone calls and the texts, for ignoring him. But, for whatever reason, part of me didn't feel right. Part of me was telling me not to head down this route again, the my feelings took dominance over that.
"Hey, hey." He took his knuckle under my chin and lifted my head up, my eyes meeting his gorgeous green ones. "I thought you trusted me."
"I..." I trailed off.
He scoffed. "I thought I got you back." He muttered.
I was suddenly interested. "Got me back? From what?"
"Him." he nodded looking out my window to Carter's house.
"We're best friends, Mason. I've told you that a thousand times."
"I should be your best friend, Morley." Another thing that I didn't like about him; he called me by my full name.
"Well I'm sorry that he looks at you constantly like you're the love of his life." he snapped.
I scoffed and walked over to the door, opening it to signal for him to leave.
"Gladly." he said, with his 'character' showing through.
"You are no different than your 'character' at school. You're just a stupid jock that I thought I was in love with." I mocked in as much annoyance as I could muster as he walked out the door. No longer than a few seconds later I heard my front door slam.
The mood just changed so quickly. Ugh.
Don't cry, I told myself. Don't cry.
Before I knew, I had let Mason make me cry. Again.
I quickly grabbed my bag and stumbled out the door, tears still in my eyes. I fast-walked next door to Carter's. When I knocked on the door, he almost immediately came running to the door. We made quick eye contact before I melted into his arms. He hugged me for a really long time - I'd say about 5 minutes at the least. Still in the doorway, heartbroken by a jerk I used to think I loved, I was with my best friend; the one I truly loved.