5

"May I ask where we are going?" I repeated. I was sitting in the passenger seat of Mason's car.
"No." he teased. He knew that I really wanted to know, so he was going to have fun with this.

Do you ever meet someone and immediately feel like you know them like the back of of hand? Even though you've only known them for, like, three days. Yeah, that's me and Mason.

"Why do I feel like I know you so well?"
"You too?" he said.
"Yeah." I said.
He came to a stop and he parked on a curb. It seemed like two different worlds in either side of the street. Woods on one side, buildings on the other.
"To the woods!!" Mason shouted as he pointed in that direction. He held out his hand.
I was horribly scared of going into the woods. So many hurry stories that take place in the woods. We could become one of those horror stories.
"Trust me?" he asked. Again, only because he knew I did and that that was only way to get me to do anything.
I tilted my head and closed my eyes.
"I... trust you?" I gritted my teeth and gently placed my hand in his. He quickly took it and smiled as he ran into the woods, dragging me behind him.
I stumbled behind him, tripping on rocks and sticks, occasionally hitting a tree or two. What did Mason do to help me? Nothing. He just laughed.

We finally arrived at a small creek. There was a small, natural waterfall pouring into the pool. It was quite cute and peaceful.
"So this is the mystery place. Pretty."
"Actually, no. Not yet. Follow me." he said. Confused, I did as I was told.
"Can you climb?" he asked, pointing to a very big oak tree.
I nodded.
Without a word, he just started climbing. I looked around and then followed him up.
There was a cute tree house up in this tree. When I finally caught up to Mason, he was sitting in the tree house looking out the window. It had a wall made out of glass and the rest was a think ply wood. There was a small section of one wall with shelves full of nonperishables. There was a small counter with drawers underneath the shelves. This was a decked out tree house.
"Wow." I laughed.
"Come sit." he said, patting the ground beside him. As usual, I did as I was told.
I looked out the window and it was truly beautiful. Hundreds and hundreds of trees piled up in dark, thick layers.
I was looking out into the oblivious ocean of trees when I felt Mason's arm around me. I look up at him and blushed. I scooted closer to him and nested my head in his neck.
He looked down at me and I lifted my head. Our eyes intertwined with each other and he slowly started to lean forward. I mirrored his movements and came together in a kiss. We held on and let go gently.
First kiss - check.
I laughed nervously and just looked into the view. I tucked my hair behind my ear and repositioned.

\|/\|/

"Mom!" I called.
"Yeah?" she called from her room.
"I had my first kiss!" I shouted back.

"WHAT?!" Nicole yelled.
"Why so surprised?" I smirked.
"You kissed Mason Lambert. Are you, like, a thing now?"
She acted like an annoyed little fan of him. As if he were some kind of celebrity.
"I think so."
She was speechless.
"Well, if you would excuse me, I have homework to do."
She was blocking my way of the staircase.

I got up to my room and plopped down on my bed. I let out a happy deep sigh and glanced out my window. There was a "C" in the tree. C?