9

I don't really know where I stand with Mason, relationship wise, now. He's texting me like normal, like nothing happened.
Should I stay with him?
Should I stay away from him?
The conflicts in my head were making me so insane. I loved him, but then again I have never experienced love so I can't really tell.
I let out a sigh and dialed Carter's number into my phone.
"Hey!" he picked up after the third ring.
"Hi." I said slowly with a sigh.
"What's up?" he demanded.
"I'm having conflicts."
"I'm coming over."
With that, he hung up. I looked at my phone, verifying that he hung up and clicked my phone off. After about five minutes of me staring at the ceiling, going through all the pros and cons of being with Mason, I heard my door open.
"Come with me." said the voice.
I looked up to see Carter holding out his hand to help me out of bed. I smiled a minuscule smile and took it.
He and I walked down the middle of our street; it was never busy with cars. We were walking to the little café on the corner of our street, about half a mile away from our houses. He was silent the whole time, just kind of looking at me from time to time.

We made our way to the café and I was about to order when I was interrupted by Carter, who was telling the lady behind the counter my order.
"She'll have an iced coffee with milk and a shot of espresso." he looked over and smiled at me. "Thank you," I mouthed.I laughed as I made my way to go grab a table. Carter bounced across the café to the table and sat across from me.
"So, what's on your mind?" he asked, organizing the condiments on the table. "The questions is what's not on my mind" I sighed. I looked outside the window at the people running by, the couples laughing, the friends having fun.
"Hello?" Carter said holding out the vowels. He waved his hand in front of my face, and I came back to reality.
"Wow, you're out of it." he smirked. I laughed a small little scoff.
"Carter?" the lady called. He turned around and jumped out of his seat. He soon came back with his hands full. He handed me mine to get a free hand.
I thanked him and got up to walk back home.
"Wait." he stopped.
"What's wrong?" I asked. "Follow me." Carter gestured. We couldn't go too far, for we still have the café's mugs, but they have allowed us to take them home, since we go there so often.
I hesitantly followed as he led me to a house that is up for short-sale and is available to anyone to go inside.
He grabbed my free hand and pulled me inside, smiling while doing so.
"Why are we here?" I asked him, even thought I knew he would answer it with me having to ask. No answer.
He let go of my hand and walked almost all the way upstairs, stopping a couple steps down from the top. He set his coffee mug down and sat down on the step. I followed him and did the exact same, sitting across from him with our legs intertwining in order to fit on the tiny stair.
We grabbed our coffee again and began to sip at them. He grabbed my hand again in comfort, only because he knew it made me feel better. I looked down and closed my eyes. Carter just sat there looking at me, waiting for me to say something.
"So, is this about Mason?" I nodded.
"Well, I personally think he's a jerk. He doesn't deserve you. I know you thought you loved him and all but I'm being serious."
"Yeah. I thought I did. Ugh, how could I be so stupid?" I groaned, looking down again.
"Hey, hey," he said lifting my head up by my chin. "Don't beat yourself up. It's not your fault."
I sniffed. "Thank you." I set my coffee down and hugged him tightly. I nested my head in his chest.
"Love you, More."
"Love you, too, dork." I laughed.