It all started with stupid feelings that I didn't even know mattered. Those kind of feelings you get that make you do things you never thought you would do while alone, but with the person causing those feelings. No matter whether it's a girl or boy, whether you yourself are a girl or a boy. Everyone gets these dumb feelings for someone that eventually may turn into something that everyone thinks they want. But believe me, you don't want it. It causes you to go somewhat insane. Always thinking about this person.

That feeling is love.

\|/\|/

When I was about 14, I transferred to a new school for high school. I had lived in Monterey, California, where I went to school on the beach and had friends that I would surely miss. It was cold year round, which I loved. But, as things usually did, that got taken away from me.

We decided to move to Portland, Oregon. Well, when I say "we", I mean my parents. My sister, Nicole, didn't even have a say in this decision. Neither did I, for that matter.
"Morley!!" my mom shouted from the downstairs of the new house. The house was a pretty good size. Big enough for both my sister and I, my parents to share a master bedroom, and a guest room. I came running down the grand staircase, yelling "what?!" as I did so. She just needed help moving the boxes.

\|/\|/

First day of high school. Supposedly the most nerve-racking day in one's life. I got to say, I'm not impressed.
It was boring and just like a regular day of school. Although, I did walk by a guy in the hall way that I thought was okay. Oh well.

Flash forward to February of that same school year. I was standing at my locker with one of my best friends, Serena.
"I saw Mason Lambert totally staring at you during English!" she told me.
She was a little boy crazy.
Mason was that one boy in school that all the girl dreamed about being with. They all would doodle they're names in their notebooks mixed with theirs. Speaking of which, in the back of Serena's locker, she had a whiteboard on which she wrote "Serena Lambert."
"Sounds just perfect, doesn't it?" She asked, all bubbly.
"Right." I told her sarcastically and rolled my eyes.

\|/\|/

English class. I loved this class and did the best in it. I was reading my book when a note landing sneakily on my desk. I looked around to see Mason eyeing me. I shot him a look of confusion and he just smirked and glanced down at the yellow Post-It. I turned around and opened it.

Morley-
You should call me sometime :)
(503)-777-9662
-Mason L.

I glanced back at Mason and blushed. He smiled and tapped his pencil on the desk. He was cute. He seemed different than Serena's explanation though.

\|/\|/

I got home and I was sitting on my bed doing my homework. I opened my English book to do that night's reading when another note fell out of my book.

Don't forget to call me :)
-ML

I smiled and took his number note out of my pocket and dialed.

"Hello?"
"Hey. It's Morley."
"Oh hey. I see you got my other note."
I scoffed. "I did. You keep me from focusing."
"And why is that?"
"I couldn't stop thinking about what the note meant all day. I was going to call you tonight."
"Oh I see." He laughed.
We talked for a while longer and he closed the conversation.

Not long after he hung up, he texted me.

Meet me at The Grill at 7:00 tomorrow night. Okay?

I texted back.

Okay.

I texted another.

We're not turning into Hazel and Augustus, right? ;)

He responded.

I sure hope so.