4

I went downstairs to find my mom sitting at the counter sipping her morning coffee.
"Morning, mom. Where's Nicole?" I asked as I made my own cup.
"Good morning hun, and she's in her room talking to Brandon. I guess they're fighting."
"You introduced her to heartbreak so young." I chuckled.
She scoffed and sipped another swig of coffee. "You, my darling, have a date to tell me about."
She held her coffee up to her mouth so I could only see her face from her eyes up. She looked at me and flicked her eyebrows at me. I rolled my eyes and sat down with her and told her everything. I was super close with my mom and I told her everything.
No matter how embarrassing.
She usually just laughed with me.

"You guys are cute together though." She smiled because that made me blush.
"I had a dream last night that was weird."
She looked at me, listening closer now.
"It was Mason and I's wedding and someone spoke when they said speak now and he told them that he loved me."
"Then what?" My mom asked me as though it was some kind of suspenseful movie.
"I woke up." I told her dully.
She had a confused look on her face, then just got up and shrugged her shoulders.
"Good talk, mom."
She started walking away as she said, "You too, sweetie."

\|/\|/

I looked into the crowd to see who was saying this. I couldn't make out who it was.
"I'm sorry, I can't let this happen."
"Who are you?" I heard Mason ask.
"I love Morley. And I know all your games, Mason. You never did love her. You were just using her."
He looked at me and gently shook his head.
"That is not true at all. I've been accused of this too many ti-"
He couldn't finish due to tears.
He ran off the alter and cried inside. I could see through the window.
"We will take a short intermission while the bride and groom work this out."

I ran off into a little area behind a tree. I sat down on a little white bench, my dress flowing out, filling up most of the bench. I didn't know how to react. Someone I didn't even know loved me. How did they know? I just-
"Hey."
I looked up at someone who look vaguely familiar. I couldn't make out his name though.
"Hi?" I didn't know what to say.
He sat down on the edge of my dress and took my hand. He rubbed my hand back and forth with his thumb.
I didn't know why but my hand felt different in his rather than in Mason's. It felt... It felt like it had meaning.
"What's your name?"
"I'm..."

I woke up. I glanced at the clock on my phone. 2:00. I fell asleep after I ate lunch. All these weird dreams were tiring me out.

\|/\|/

I was doing homework when I heard a knock on my door.
"Come in!" I yelled.
To my surprise, Mason walked in.
"You look fabulous." he said sarcastically.
I was wearing black athletic shorts, a band tee shirt, with my hair in a top knot with no makeup.
"Hey! I'm comfortable!" I teased.
He sat down on my bed and started looking around my room.
"Nice book collection!" he told me.
Having the most popular guy in school sitting on my bed, I didn't expect him to compliment that. Although, after last night's conversation on the roof, I kind of get it now.
"Thank you." I laughed.
"So, I want to take you somewhere. Is that what you're wearing?" he teased.
"Of course not. And may I ask where we're going so I can dress appropriately?" I asked.
"No. Dress like you normally do. Or at least like what you wore last night."
"Okay..." I hesitantly said as I got up and walked to my closet.
"I'll be downstairs."

I ended up wearing a sheer, black shirt with another pair of excessively ripped jeans and my converse. My hair was still wavy so I just let it out of the bun and played with it a little. I quickly did a little makeup, making sure to focus on my eyes. He seemed to like that as he did look at them a lot.
I jogged down the stairs and suddenly appeared before Mason.

"Ready." I said.
"Beautiful." he told me.