Chapter 3: Mixed Feelings

Start from the beginning

He stands up and pulls you up, rubbing your hands gently, trying to keep them warm. He holds your waist and places your left arm around his neck, for you to hold on tight. He helps you to the metal ladder at the back of the van and gently let's you go.

You sit on the edge of the van's white-now-brown roof. You couldn't just climb down; you could hurt yourself. Mick knew better than to leave you alone, so he had an idea!

He climbed down hurriedly and hopped down on the sand. He extended his arms forward.

"C'mon (Y/n)! Jump!" He said, smiling softly.

'Shit'

How the HeCk are you gonna jump from all the way up here?! Is he cRaZy?!

"W-what?" You asked, hoping you had misheard him.

"Hop down, Oi'll catch yah!" His grin widened, a hint of amusement in his voice. Asshole.

You gulped and closed your eyes, letting your weight slide off the rusty roof..

"oof!" You opened one eye, being met by Mick's blue orbs.

"Did yah die?" he asked teasingly. "Oh shut up.." You punched his chest playfully. The Australian man chuckled, carrying your shivering body inside the camper.

He placed you on his bed, turning around for a moment. He opened a top drawer, taking an old black tee and a pair of sweatpants. He handed you the clothing and closed the drawer.

"You can change into those if yah want, so you can sleep more comfortable.." You nodded.

Wait. You gave him a look. He frowns thoughtfully. "Whot?" You look at the camper's door and at the clothes he gave you, hoping he'd get the message.

"....Oh! Oh, sorry. Oi'll, go now.." He grabbed a small flashlight from one of his drawers and scrambled out of the van as quick as his legs could carry him, closing the door and making sure it was nice and shut.

You smiled to yourself, proceeding to change.

Mick leaned against his old camper, brushing his hair back and sighing.

Ever since he met you that day, ever since you spilled coffee on his red shirt, he's been feeling.. Strange.

Wait, he can't be feeling strange!  He's a cold-hearted, professional assassin.

But she doesn't know that...

Those words replayed in his mind like a scratched CD.

Well, what she doesn't know won't hurt her right? You'll probably just stay awhile and when you heal, you'll be on your way.. Living your life... Far away.. From him...

He shook his head.

No biggie, you probably don't even think those same thoughts. You probably don't feel all weird and mushy inside. And that's totally fine, 'cause he doesn't like you that way. Well yeah, he likes you, you're a nice sheila and- Ugh! Thoughts are confusing!

He bangs the back of his head against the poor camper's metal side, who in return creaks in complaint.

Oh no.. He forgot he had to make a stop at Mann Co.

He was obviously the one sent to pick up the new weapons and crates with ammunition and supplies; he is the only one who owns a vehicle of his own, after all.

"Shit.." He mutters under his breath.

How's he gonna explain the fact that he's a mercenary and kills people for a living to (Y/n)?!?