CHAPTER THREE

DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE COMMENTS!

             TARA STARED IN DISBELIEF AT Amanda who stood above her with the key to her shackles. It was a surprise to be apart of a task force but to be free of her constrictions? That was something else.

        "Why are you doing this?" She asked Waller as the cold shackles were pulled off of her tiny wrists. Amanda dropped the heavy shackles to the floor of the room, letting the clank echo loudly.

         "Because I trust you, Tara." Amanda told her. In all honesty, she kind of did trust Tara– more than the others of Task Force X. "I know you'll do good here. You want to fit in, with this you can– you can help the world in ways you never thought you can."

        "Okay," Tara breathed out as she stood up out of the clunky metal chair. "I have some conditions  though."

          "Shoot," Amanda stared the young woman down. "You are here not by force, Tara. You know that."

         "I'm not sure if I want to be here anymore." Tara began, staring at the ground in concentration. "If I join, I get to learn of my powers which is what I want. But what else? I want to find my family– my real one and see what I am. Before I start a family of my own."

          "Understandable, we'll go through these conditions afterwards." Amanda smiled at her, gesturing towards Rick Flagg, the lieutenant in the room. "Would you want to meet your team members?"

        "Now?"

_____________

          "Stay hidden, I don't want her to know you're here." Amanda instructed Tara and she nodded, using her abilities to blend in with the shadows. Amanda Weller stood still as she watched the young girl fade into the shadows, holding her breath for some violent action against her— it never came.

           Amanda struggled to keep her composure, stepping out from the doorway and onto the platform above Harley Quinn's confinement.

         "Are you the Devil?" The woman called out, watching Amanda walked slowly. It was as if Amanda was a predator and the poor blonde was the prey.

          "Maybe," Amanda told her. Tara stood in the shadows, watching, she knew who this was: Harley Quinn. The Queen next to the King, the Joker. She was dangerous and not what Tara liked. Tara did not loud blondes with a tendency to make jokes.

         "This way," Amanda guided Tara passed Harley into a room that led to the outside. It had been a few minutes after Amanda had finished speaking with Harley before she continued onto the next member. "This is El Diablo or Chato, he has the gift of fire."

          "His name is the Devil?" Tara asked in disbelief. She wasn't religious anymore but that was strange to see someone call themselves the devil.