Chapter 28

What was I going to do now?

I'm locked away once again in the dungeons. I pace myself back and forth in the small cell thinking of any means of escape. The door is locked and there are absolutely no windows. My hands search the cold ground for any item that could help me pick the lock but it is completely bare. Just as I'm about to give up on any hope the door to my escape opens.

"I was told to send you down a meal so here" the figure speaks while handing me the tray. I hold the tray in my hands and then an idea hits me. This could be my way out.

Without a second thought I smash the tray of food into the guards face, breaking the tray in half. Food covers his vision as I kick my feet underneath him making fall backwards hitting his head onto the hard ground slipping into unconsciousness. I take the time to step over his limp body and close the door behind me. I didn't hesitate any second as I took off in a dead sprint to the door out of the dungeons.

Surprisingly there were no guards on patrol. Good for me. I continue running until I reach the stairs that lead upstairs to freedom and I begin to quickly climb them.

Successfully I make it to the top of the stair case and open the door to find the halls empty. Okay I have to find Ronan so I can explain everything to him.

I quickly move in the direction of his room making sure to peak up and down the hallways and ducking in the sight of others so no one can spot me. I feel like a spy. Oh Jesus Mia concentrate!

Soon enough I'm standing in front of Ronan's bedroom door and I can hear the faint sound of voices talking amongst each other. I lean my head against the wood and place my ear against it to listen intently on the voices.

"What did you do to her Vivian. I'm not asking again" Ronan's voice beamed through the door which almost made me fall back with the amount of power in his voice. Laughter then follows and sweeps it's way through the cracks of the door frame. A feminine laugh that could only belong to the one and only, Vivian.

"I didn't do anything to her" she says innocently.

"Cut the crap where is she?" Ronan questions harshly his anger radiating throughout the whole house to feel.

"Down where she belongs, far away from anyone, never to be seen again" she snickers. The sound of a heavy weight hitting the ground rumbles underneath my feet causing me to lose balance.

"You see darling. I always win and now I'm going to take back what's rightfully mine, your family will be no more and you have nothing left to live for now that your parents are dead, a have your dear brother and sister and lastly your precious Miabella is gone" Vivian says sinisterly.

Wait they think I'm dead? I can tell you I'm very much alive.

Deciding I've had enough of listening behind this door I rapidly turn the doorknob and in one swift movement I find myself in the room.

I turn my head to see Ronan on his knees defeatedly with his head down and Vivian a couple of feet away holding the knife that was already suppose to end his life.

"Well you aren't suppose to be here. That food should have killed you, I made sure to put lots of poison in it" Vivian says shocked.

"Who says I actually ate it?" I smirk.

At the sound of Vivian's tone and my voice Ronan raises his head and his watery eyes meet mine. At first he looked broken like he was dreaming but then as soon as he registered that I was actually there in front of him in flesh and bone his eyes light up in an indescribable relief and happiness.

"Miabella."

A loud groan escapes Vivian's lips as she rolls her eyes while twisting the knife around in her hand.

"Enough of this. I'm getting what I want and you can't stop me!" She declares while raising the knife up in the air, an evil smile dancing on her lips.

My eyes widen in fear as my thinking shuts down and my body creates a mind of it's own as it rushes towards them and just as Vivian brings her arm down I jump in front of Ronan's kneeled body.

The immediate pain in my lower abdomen runs through my body as I hold the spot as my body falls to the ground. I look at Ronan and see his eyes full of worry and concern but still fully alive. I turn my head to glance down at my stomach to see the dagger buried under my skin. Crimson red stained my clothes as it dripped onto the floor and covered my hands surrounding it.

"You stupid human! Look what you did! Ronan is suppose to be in your position and your suppose to be the one to live. Oh well I was going to kill you anyway so mind as well got it out of the way now" she smirks.

My head rests back against the wooden floor as my body slips in and out of consciousness from the amount of blood quickly leaving my body. I look towards Ronan as our eyes meet and in a second the turn from his beautiful and mysterious blue depths to murderous and evil darkness with purple electricity running through his iris.

In a flash the knife that was once dug deeply into my abdomen was now cutting through the air as it fly by Vivian's neck. Her laugh erupts through the air hurting my sensitive ears.

"Ha! I thought you had good aim! Way to miss!" She laughs once more.

"Who says I missed?" Ronan gives her a sinister smirk as her laughing ceases and blood spills from her neck and she begins to choke on her own fluids. In slow motion her body falls to the ground. As she hits the ground her head snaps off from her neck as her now dead corpse lays there still.

My breathing begins to stagger as my lungs start to fill with liquid. My heart beat starting to fade away as my body starts to shut down to rid of the pain and welcome peace.

Using his inhuman speed Ronan is by my side holding my weakening body in his arms bringing my into his chest.

"No. No. No. Mia stay with me now. You're going to be fine. Okay. We're going to get the best doctor there is and he's going to save you as fast as possible or I'll kill him, actually I won't kill him because he needs to save you but I will threaten him with his life" he declares.

I smile at him and use all of what's left of my very little strength to lift my hand up to cup his cheek. Naturally he leans into my touch tingles erupt between our skin as the energy runs through my veins giving me a little burst of light but not enough. He closes his eyes as tears escape his ducts and roll down his stubbly cheeks.

I start to cough as the metallic taste of blood comes up my throat and I spit it out while having some lingering on my lips and pooling in my mouth. Breathing begins to be almost impossible as my muscles restrain from their normal movements.

"I love you Ronan" I manage to whisper as I let my eyes flutter close and welcome the darkness to come. My hand falls down to my chest while the pain starts to slowly leave my body as I start to feel nothing and my whole being goes numb.

"I really hope this works. Ti amo il mio piccolo uccello."

The last thing I feel before the darkness consumes me is Ronan's fangs sinking into my neck.

**

A/N

DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!

Only a couple more chapters :( but don't worry there will be many more to come with the SEQUEL XD

LOVE YOU ALL THAT HAVE BEEN READING AND ALWAYS WRITING POSITIVE COMMENTS! IT'S VERY MUCH APPRECIATED AND MUCH LOVE SENT TO YOU! I GIVE YOU HUGS AND FREE FROZEN YOGURT BECAUSE I WORK FOR FROZEN YOGURT :)

Keep voting and commenting for chapters to come sooner! :)

Until next time xx

-Cam