Chapter 19

His deep blue eyes bored into my emerald ones. His mind seeming to search for a reply or even an act of reaction. Instead he stood there in a daze and he had me in a trance.

Somehow this undeniable bond between us was created in a way neither of us could have out ran. It was like it was meant to happen. That everything in our lives had lead up to what is going on now. I want to think that this is all in my head and that Ronan had somehow magically casted a spell on me to make me feel the way I do but I know it can't be true because he seem to be having the same effect.

"I can't stay" he finally speaks up his voice barely above a whisper. I look down as a strange unwanted feeling crashes through my chest. "We will leave in the evening, you shall pack your things in the mean time."

I listen as he tells me and stand up next to him, his 6'4" frame towering over my 5'5". He looks down at me in concern as if I was about to fall apart right then and there. He gently places his hand on my lower back. Sparks ignite as his fingers feel like their burning through my shirt. He gives me a gently push as he guides the way back to the palace. I look all around me at the garden and the sky and trying not to make eye contact with Ronan.

Soon enough we make in back and he's leading me up the stairs to my room. Just as we get to my door he lifts his arm from his side to open the door all while keeping contact with my back. He guides me in and he follows behind me and gently closes the door until a soft click is heard. He turns to me his eyes soft as they gaze over mine.

"You don't understand how hard this is for me" he speaks up.

"What do you mean?" I question curiously while taking a step forward, closer to him. He lifts his one hand up to run through his hair and slightly tugging at the ends of them. Oh how I wish those were my hands.

"You know exactly what I mean!" his voice serious and not breaking eye contact with me. I stand up straighter in frustration. Does he think that I don't feel the same?

"You don't think this isn't hard for me?!" I yell back at him.

"You don't understand. I'm a prince! The next heir to be King! A Pureblood Vampire! Your human! Someone of whom I shouldn't even have feeling towards! I should want to hurt you and kill you!" He screams as books and decorations fall of the walls and tables. I stand there petrified not knowing what to do. My heart racing a mile a second. He looks back at me his eyes glossed over showing every emotion he's every felt. Anger. Betrayal. Disgust. Yet there's fear. Sadness. And love.

"Yet I never wanted to do anything like that to you" he slowly takes my hand in his and his other hand tracing my chin as he gently pushes my head up to meet his.

"I would never hurt you or let anyone hurt you" he leans his head down to leave a chaste kiss on my forehead. He brings me into his arm in a comforting embrace. I could stay like this forever.

I look past Ronan towards the door and see it slowly opening. Oh no someone's gonna see this then we'll both be dead. Just as I'm about to let go the door opens to reveal Vivian. I quickly push myself back far away from Ronan. His faces falls but soon diminishes to a hard emotionless face once he senses we weren't the only ones in the room. 

"Hello Vivian" he says without even turning around to see her.

"Ronan honey when are we leaving?" She questions him grabbing onto his arm. He slightly tenses at her touch and not in a good way. I try to hold in my laughter as the visible disgust is just radiating off him towards her.

"In a couple hours, so go pack your belongings" he motions for her to let go of him.

"But I've already packed everything" she whines her voice sounding like nails on a chalk board to me.