Chapter 10

Chores. Chores. Chores.

That's all my days ever consist of. Before I even wake up Ronan's gone to god knows where. It's a good thing though because I'm able to clean without him around to yell at me for something. By the time I finish doing my list I'm so drained of energy that I pass out right after I'm done and hours before Ronan arrives back to his room.

It's been 2 weeks since I've been here and I haven't seen Ronan since my second day. Other than that life's kinda boring and relatively the same. None of the other maids or servants or just anyone talk to me. Every time I enter a room that they're all in they leave immediately without a peep.

I've talked to blondie a couple times. His name is actually Bryce but I still call him blondie. Bryce is actually really nice and has a good sense of humor surprisingly. He's the opposite of his brother, he's more laid back and a bit reckless doing what he pleases.

"Whatcha thinking about there" Bryce comes up behind me flicking my head.

"Why are you the only one that talks to me. Like all the other people flock like birds as soon as I enter a room. Whys that?" I question seeing if maybe he knew the answer to everyone disliking me.

"That'd be my brother" he chuckles more to himself.

"What?" I ask confused.

"You don't know?"

I shake my head not having a clue to what on Earth he's talking about.

"Ronan's never bought a slave before" he says seriously.

"Wait what do you mean he's never bought a slave? There's almost a hundred other humans here besides me." I'm even more confused now. How can I be the first slave Ronan bought? This only raises my curiosity.

"They're from our parents and it took them a lot to get him to agree to have them here. Ronan's not a big fan of having slaves because he doesn't get along with many people. Also Ronan demanded that no one is to be anywhere near you unless he says so or else he will and I quote 'rip their throats out' so that explains that. Isn't my brother such a loving being" he smiles and exaggerates the last sentence.

"Then why did he buy me?" None of this makes sense. Bryce lifts his shoulders and drops them.

"I don't know beats me." And with that he walked away like always at the same time everyday to do whatever it is he always does.

I stand there still in the same spot for what seems like forever just thinking over and over again how I'm the first slave Ronan's had willingly. Maybe he accepted having slaves so that's why he bought me. Or maybe it's something else. Whatever the reason I'll find out somehow.

**

**

**

**

**

I was surprised to come back to my well Ronan's room to see him there sitting at his desk his face in a pile of papers working consistently. He didn't notice my presence until I closed the door and his head snapped up from the clicking of the door closed. I notice he's wearing glasses and man do they suit him well. No Mia snap out of it. But it's so hard when his hair falls ever so graciously over his one eye making me focus on him even more. My fingers itch to move his hair back and run them through his locks to see if it's as soft as it looks. He then switches his gaze back to the pile of papers in front of him.

I turn away and head towards the bathroom to bath myself from the filth and sweat coating my body.

Once I'm done and dressed I walk out of the bathroom I don't see Ronan but I see a girl with raven black hair and piercing bright gold eyes. Her skin was pale and free of any blemishes giving her a crystal clear complexion. She gives me a warm smile and starts to move towards me. As she comes closer she opens her arms and gives me a hug. I'm frozen in my spot and my arms dangle at my sides not sure to stay still or hug her back.