Suspicion Is a Weird Feeling

We all crowded around the box, waiting for the alarm to stop.

"So who's coming?" I asked Minho.

"What? What do you mean (Y/n)?" He replied.

"Like, who's in the box?" I quietly said.

"Pfft. We have no idea! That's the fun part."

Hmm...I couldn't quite grasp the situation. Next thing I know everyone standing up so I scramble to get to my feet. The sound stopped and Alby and Newt walked over and opened the giant metal hatches. I pushed through the crowd to get to the edge so I could see the new Glader. When I got to the edge I looked over to get a better look and slipped.

"AH!!!" I screamed as I tightly shut my eyes.

I hit the metal floor with a bang, probably bruising most of my bones.

"Crap...I think I broke my arm..." I muttered as I sat up.

I turned my head and saw the new Greenie staring at me with his mouth open. He had black hair with a fringe the partially covered his icy blue eyes. I had a weird feeling when my eyes met his. Not a good feeling either.

"C'mon (Y/n), you're scaring him!" Newt said sarcastically as he held his arm down.

I grabbed it with my good arm and he pulled me out. He reached down again and waited until the Greenie came over and grabbed his hand. When he pulled the boy up he stared at everyone.

"Who are all of you? Where am I?" He asked shyly.

"We are the Gladers and this is the Glade. Alby over there is our leader." Newt said.

"C'mon, I'll show you around, but don't ask questions." Alby said as he, Newt, and the Greenie walked away.

I walked up to Minho and started talking.

"I swear, something is wrong with him!" I said as I watched them walk away.

"Calm down (Y/n). Nothing's wrong with him, he's just like us. Confused and scared. Just give him a chance." Minho said as he walked away.

I sat on my hammock and thought for a while. The new Greenie seemed suspicious. My gut tightened when he looked at me. His eyes were so lifeless and cold. He didn't seem scared, even though he acted like it. I got up and walked to the kitchen to make something to eat before the dinner rush. When I walked inside I heard rustling coming from the back.

"Hello? Frypan?" I said as I slowly walked to the back of the room.

"Who's there?!" I yelled.

I ran into the room and saw the Greenie, rustling through the kitchen. He looked at me and rammed into my gut. Everything slowly went black.

(Heyo! I finally updated on time omg. I'm hoping I can update normally again cause I feel bad when I don't. Anyway thanks for 1.6k! I never thought I'd get this far😅 also I wanted to say that when this story ends I'd like to make a book 2! How does that sound?)