Mine Alone (Newt X Reader)

The Box

I felt the cool air rush past my face as I went further up in what seemed like a cage. I can't remember anything or anything useful. No name and no people. I can't think. The cage thing stops and the light streams in and blinds me. The only things I see are boys. A whole crowd of boys looking down at me.

"Hey Winstin, your new pig is here!" one joked. I lower my head but then hear someone.

"Come on Greenie, it was just a joke."
The voice was soft and inviting.

I looked up to see a new boy appear and crouch down. He had a big smirk on his face stating that he was somewhat happy. He called for another boy to come and a darker one came and stared.

"Quiet the catch ain't she?" the dirty blond haired boy asked. The other just laughed and nodded.

"Since you like her so much Newt you can go and fetch her," the dark skinned boy said.

The other boy rolled his eyes and came down by rope. He held his hand out to me but I wouldn't move out of my sitting position.

"Don't make me yank you up," he said but before I could know what was happening he did yank me up.

I lost balance and head first was falling back down. Before I fell strong arms caught my fall. He grabbed my chin and made me look him in the eye, his eyes a calm color looking into my e/c ones. He smirked and wrapped his arms around me.
My face flushed as he yelled, "Pull us up Alby!!"

We were up in no time. He let go of me and I looked around startled. They were all looking at me, some with smiles and others with frowns. The boy who got me out of the Box wrapped his arm around me.
"Name's Newt. Welcome to the Glade Greenie."

I shrugged his arm off my shoulder and the crowd of boys hollered at Newt. My eyes were locked on my feet. The boy who pulled us up held out his hand to me with a smile. I grabbed his and shook it.

"I'm Alby, first in command here. As you can tell, we're all boys in the Glade and you're the first girl in here. Let's get you some food and we can talk, okay?"

I looked him in the eye and said, "How do I know I can trust you?"

He looked a little shocked but that look didn't last long. His face turned back to his face that screamed scary.

"Trust me or not. But you're living here and there's no way out except that Maze. If you trust me it'll be a lot easier living here." I nodded and followed him to a kitchen.

He got us some sandwiches and they were great. Newt came in and sat down next to me.

"Thanks! I was starving," Newt said as he stole my plate and started eating. Alby scolded him and I just rolled my eyes.

"So do you remember anything?" Alby asked me.

I shook my head. Nothing before I woke up in that box. Newt sighed and grabbed my hand. He squeezed it and smiled at me.

"You'll remember your name soon enough. I promise."

He let go and I nodded. We sat in silence for a little while.

"I'm going to get some air. I'll see you guys later," I said excusing myself.

Before they could protest I was already outside running. Big walls were around the whole place, trapping us all inside. I couldn't believe this place. We were clearly in the center of something. I'll I want to do is leave.

~ At 8:00

Newt explained to me how the doors closed and opened. I was half listening and before I knew it, it was late. The boys started a fire and started drinking something and hollering. It was so loud. I sat behind a log resting my face on the bark.
Some kid was wrestling another.

"Go Gally!!" some boys yelled.

Gally flipped the kid and won. A stood up and Newt pulled me over to Gally.
"Wanna go Greenie?" he said. I didn't let them get to me.

I smirked saying, "Give me your worst."

The boys cheered and screamed. Gally ran into my stomach. It hurt like hell but I was still standing. I punched him in the face and tripped him unexpectedly. He fell and I heard cheers for me. Gally kicked me in the knees. I jumped on his back and tackled him to the ground. He was pinned and boys yelled at me. I was sitting on Gally's back feeling proud.

He pushed me off and got up. "Shut the hell up. She's nothing special. Can't even remember her name. I bet she's never gonna-"

"Y/n."

Gally looked at me in shock and so did the others.
"My names Y/n so shut up Gally."

I got up and walked to a forest. The others scolded me but I kept walking. It was dark but calm. I laid in the dirt. Someone came walking toward me, coming closer with every step.

"Hey Greenie. Some show that was," Newt said as he sat next to me. I sat up and smiled.

"A jerk like Gally deserved a beating up."

Newt laughed and looked over at me. Our eyes met and wouldn't look anywhere else. He stood up and coughed. He helped me up just when it started raining.

"Bloody hell. Let's go," Newt said as he pulled me back to a building.

We met up with the rest of them and sat under what seemed to be something somewhat like a straw house. Alby walked over and smacked Newt's back. Newt playfully punched him in the shoulder. They grinned and laughed a little. Alby walked over to the hammock I was sitting on and punched me in the shoulder.

"What was with the big scene ya cause dumby?"
I laughed a little. He sat down and started to joke with me.

~•Newt's POV•~

Alby sat next to Y/n and they laughed together. For some reason I felt angry, like Alby shouldn't do that with her. I glared at him and started to think it should be me joking with her. What am I thinking? She's a new Greenie, the only difference is that she's a girl. A normal girl, same as the rest of us.

That's what you think. But things aren't always as they seem.

A/n- Yay!!!!! 1099 words I'm so happy. I'm probably only updating on Friday though.