Chapter 7: Your Bed

Beginne am Anfang

He shakes his head and I'm not sure which question he's answering or if he's answering both.

"I'm okay." He whispers, answering my question and I nod.

"What's going on?" I murmur.

"I don't know. I just feel so down." He whispers. "I don't know what to do. I'm supposed to be supporting Mike at the moment and I can't even get out of bed in the morning."

I can sense the shame in his voice. I place my hand on his shoulder, giving it a gently squeeze.

"Vic, from what you've told me, I can tell that you're an incredibly strong person. You can push through this. Whatever you're feeling, it'll go away. You just need to keep your head up and continue being the strong person that I know you are." I say encouragingly and he gives me a grateful smile.

"Thank you and you're right. I just need to keep my head up." He nods, with a grin. I'm glad that he's smiling. "So how are things with you and Calvin?"

I think back to last night when Cal had been repeatedly kicking my stomach. I internally cringe at the thought.

"Oh we're great as always." I smile nervously.

"I'm sorry for everything that happened the other week." Vic frowns. "I didn't mean to make things worse."

"Its fine. Everything was okay." I say truthfully.

Calvin was very apologetic for the rest of the day. It wasn't until three days later that he got mad. We were both working and he has to keep his phone turned off while he's working. We were expected home at the same time but I got asked to stay a little late so I tried calling Cal to let him know but his phone was off so I just left it. When I got home he was so angry. He's been pissed off at me ever since. There's not a day that goes by that he doesn't hit me. Some days it's worse than others.

Mike comes back and we all finish eating before we leave. We pile back into my car and I notice that Vic seems tired. I check the time, realising that I only have ten minutes to safely get home. I'll just have to drop them off.

I drive back to their place and Mike thanks me for dinner before quickly getting out and leaving.

"You going to be okay?" I ask Vic and he nods with a tired smile.

"Yeah, I think so. I'll probably just get some sleep and start fresh tomorrow." Vic's says and I smile.

"That sounds like a good idea. Text me if you need anything." I tell him and he nods.

He flashes me a grateful smile and gets out of the car. I beep the horn and wave goodbye before driving off. I drive a little faster than I should, just feeling rather paranoid. What if Cal got off work early or something?

When I arrive home, Calvin's car isn't in the driveway. I let out a sigh of relief as I pull up in the driveway. I switch the car off and go into the house. I look at the time again and he's not due home for five minutes.

Then panic enters me as I realize that he's going to be expecting dinner on the table when he gets back. I remember him telling me that he wanted homemade tacos. I immediately get to work, hoping that he'll be okay with dinner being a little late.

I finish dinner in just under twenty minutes, feeling a little proud of myself. The thing that bothers me though is that Calvin isn't home yet. I try to shrug it off and set the table before doing some dishes. When I'm finished that, I sit at the table waiting for him. I pick at my food, not really feeling hungry after just eating.

Two hours go by and I'm starting to worry. Why isn't he home yet? Did something happen? Was there an accident or something? What if he's hurt? I check my phone for the thousandth time but there's still nothing.

Suddenly I hear the front door click open and I shoot up from the table. I run over to the door and am relieved to find Calvin. I throw my arms around him immediately, catching him off guard.

"Hey Princess." He chirps, seeming to be in a good mood.

"I was so worried. I thought something had happened to you." I admit, still feeling my heart pump quickly from the adrenaline.

"I'm sorry, I should have texted you. They asked me to stay back longer at work. I didn't mean to keep you waiting or make you worry." He apologises letting go of me.

"It's okay. I just panicked a little." I admit. "I made dinner. Are you hungry? It's a little cold but I'll heat it up."

"Yeah, that sounds nice, Kell." He smiles and I kiss his cheek before walking into the dining room and grabbing his plate then going into the kitchen to heat it up. Calvin follows me and slides his arms around my waist then kisses my shoulder. I giggle happily.

"Weird question but were you in town earlier? I thought I saw your car." Cal asks seeming generally unsure.

"No." I lie swallowing hard. Wait, why was he in town? I thought he was at work.

"Why were you in town?" I ask quietly.

He looks like he's just been caught doing something that he shouldn't have.

"Oh, um, the boss let me take a break because I was working late. I just grabbed a coffee." He says after hesitating and I can tell it's a lie but I don't call him out on it.

Why's he lying to me? Where was he? Was he even working late? Come to think of it, he does smell strangely of perfume.

"Oh." Is all I say.

The microwave beeps and I take his food out. We go back to the dining room and he sits down. I sit his food in front of him and he starts eating.

"How was your night?" He asks.

"Quiet." I murmur. "I missed you."

He flashes me a smile.

"I missed you too Princess."

I smile at him and wait for him to finish eating. He takes his plate into the kitchen and I follow him. I begin doing the dishes but Calvin has other plans in mind.

He rests his hands on my hips and begins kissing my neck.

"Do them tomorrow so I can do you now." He whispers in my ear.

I can still smell the perfume on him and it's bothering me.

"I don't know Babe, I'm kind of tired." I lie.

"Please, come on Kells." He whines.

I don't have a chance to argue again because he grabs my hand and drags me to the bedroom. I sigh and go along with it not wanting to make him mad.

---

Calvin climbs off of me and we both lay panting.

"I love you." He breathes before kissing my head then rolling over.

That's something that I don't like about Cal. He doesn't like to cuddle after sex.

"I love you too." I sigh softly and roll over so I'm facing away from him.

When I'm convinced that he's asleep, I let the tears begin to fall.

There was a hickey on his chest and fingernail marks on his back. They weren't from me. He's cheating on me or at least he cheated on me.

I always try to be the best I can for him but I'm just never enough. Is he going to leave me for this person? I can't bare the thought of that. Maybe I should start being a better boyfriend. I'm obviously doing something wrong.

--

Opinion on the story so far?