Chapter 7: Your Bed

Start from the beginning

"Can I come in?" I ask softly.

He looks at me blankly before nodding. He opens the door a little more and I slide in. He closes it behind us and walks back over to his bed, where he sits down.

"Why are you here?" He asks, sounding curious.

"Mike asked me to come over." I admit truthfully and he rolls his eyes. "He said you were upset and by the looks of it, he's right."

"I'm fine." He groans falling back onto the bed.

It's only then I smell the alcohol in the air. I look around seeing a few alcohol bottles. Though Vic doesn't seem too drunk, just a little tipsy. A shower and a glass of water would probably sober him up.

"You want to go to dinner?" I ask him and he gives me a confused look.

"With you?" He asks.

"Yeah, and Mike." I say and he nods pouting slightly. "You should have a shower, yeah?"

Vic nods and walks over to his wardrobe swaying slightly, probably feeling dizzy from nod moving for a long time. He doesn't seem that drunk. He pulls out some clothes then leaves the room without saying another word to me. I walk out and find Mike sitting at the kitchen table.

"We're going out to dinner, all three of us, if you've got nothing better to do." I explain and he nods.

"Yeah, that sounds fine." Mike smiles.

"He's a little intoxicated though, not much, just a little." I explain and Mike's eyes go wide.

"What? Like he's been drinking alcohol?" He asks seeming shocked.

"Yeah...that is how you generally get intoxicated." I say, a little confused as to why he's so surprised.

"He's hasn't had a drink in years. Andy was an alcoholic and Vic swore that he'd never touch the shit because of Andy."

My eyes widen in realization.

"He must be really upset." Mike mumbles.

For Vic to go against one of his morals like this, there must be something really wrong. I hope he's okay. I should talk to him about it sometime tonight.

Vic walks into the room a few minutes later, showered and dressed. He goes over to the sink and pours himself a glass of water.

"You ready to go?" I ask Vic and he nods.

He's being unusually quiet today. I never thought he'd have this side of him. He's pretty goofy, always happy, talkative and sometimes a little awkward but not like this; not sad. I guess I don't really know him that well.

We walk out the door and pile into my car before I drive off to a small family restaurant. We get out and walk in finding a table, skimming over the menus. Mike sits across from Vic and I who sit next to each other.

The waitress comes over and I order my food and Mike orders his, looking a little sad when he has to order water for a drink. Vic though, Vic just stares blankly down at the table. After he says nothing, I quickly scan the menu and just order him some ravioli and a soda.

The waitress walks off after we're finished. I place my hand on his thigh and rub it gently, in a comforting manner. He looks at me and I notice his lips twitch ever so slightly upwards as he attempts to smile at me, though not much happens and he goes back to staring down that the table.

The food comes but it's as if Vic hadn't noticed. Mike announces that he's going to the restroom before he gets up and leaves.

"Hey Vic." I say gently and he looks up at me. "Are you okay? Do you need anything?"