Tristan sighed quietly to himself. She was certainly full of topics to speak of. Perhaps she would talk so much he would not need to say a word. His sister had barely paused for a breath before she continued to talk. "I wonder now if I should have gone to the festival, perhaps I shall go to the next one. Maybe father will pay a travelling entertainer to amuse us one evening, I do love to hear their stories and music. I am sure the town sounded lovely with all the entertainers. Oh, the town! Father told me about your plans to build a house for the homeless, I think that is so kind and good of you. Rose would be overjoyed to hear the news. Speaking of Rose, did you see her tonight? I gave her one of my dresses, you know. I wish I'd had the chance to see what she looked like. Did you see her?" Suzanna finally paused and looked up at Tristan, waiting for his answer. Tristan merely nodded his confirmation, he was nearly at his chambers.

"You did see her? Well how marvellous, do you think she recognized you? I suppose I shall have to ask her all about it tomorrow. Wait," she said as Tristan raised his hand to open his door. Tristan turned his head to look at his sister. "You must tell me else I shall not get a sliver of sleep. Was the dress suitable? How did she look?" Tristan opened his door and paused at the entrance. Memories of the way Rose looked floated over his mind. His heart stammered just at the thought.

"She was... breathtaking," he murmured before slipping into his room and closing his door.

"I expected as much!" Suzanna called through his door. He heard her laugh as she walked away.

That night was a restless one for him. Though he tried to sleep, he found himself unable to ease the tension that had formed in him. He tossed and turned restlessly until at last he gave up and sat by the fire in his room.

When the light of morning finally arrived, Tristan was already awake.

~

Rose woke up with a start. Immediately the memories of the previous night flooded her thoughts. She sighed and dropped her head back onto her mattress. All she wanted to was stay laying there and completely avoid the Prince for as long as she could. How could she face him now?

Rose dressed and had a quick breakfast before running up to Suzanna's chambers. She knocked lightly on the door and entered the room. Suzanna was still in bed but she was awake.

"Good morning, Suzanna," Rose murmured as she entered the room. She pulled open the curtains, allowing the sun to stream in, and went to light the fire.

"Good morning," Suzanna finally answered, yawning as she did so. "How was the festival?"

"It was..." Rose paused to think of a word that could describe the night. "Enchanting," she finally said. Rose brought out a dress for Suzanna to wear, it was a deep green colour with cream embroidery.

"I saw Tristan last night," Suzanna said as she finally left the comfort of her bed. Rose said nothing and did her best to keep her breathing calm and steady. "He said he saw you, though you might not have seen him because he was disguised," Suzanna continued. Rose did not reply; she did not know how Suzanna would react if she admitted she had danced more than once with the Prince. She helped Suzanna into the dress and began lacing up the back. "He said you looked breathtaking." Rose's heart immediately stammered and her breathing hitched. Why had he said such a thing to his sister? More than that, why was Suzanna telling her? Suzanna was waiting for Rose to reply.

"That was... very kind of him," she answered, noncommittally. Suzanna did not answer but instead began humming to herself.

Rose dressed Suzanna's hair and stoked the fire in the room. Suzanna left, saying she wanted to have breakfast with her family, and left Rose to finish the work in the room. Rose made the bed and opened the windows to let the fresh air in. The fire crackled wildly in response to the wind. Rose then swept the floor and laid out a fresh jar of lavender to scent the room. When the room was in order she sat down on a stall by the fire and began mending one of Suzanna's dresses - the hem had become uneven.