goner pt.2

Y/n POV

My orbs watched the clear water droplets land on the window, as I sat on the couch of an abandoned house. Being here for two whole days has been torturous and relieving at the same moment. I don't have to worry about Carl having outbursts on me anymore. Its like when I climbed over those rusty gates, I had broken a chain. And now, I'm free. But, I'm alone. I can survive, I'm strong. Its just, I never liked being alone.

Its been raining ever since I left. Almost like the world was crying for me. My stomach growled for food, so I took out a can of pears. I stared long and hard at the can, knowing this fruit was his favorite. I'm telling you, everything reminds me of him. I enter my knife in the top of the can multiple times, trying to open it up. I finally was successful and began eating it. Once I finished it, I became extremely tired. I pull out my blanket from my bag as something fell on the floor.

A single polaroid picture of Carl and I sharing a loving kiss, sat upon the ground.

Carl POV

Its been two exact days, and I haven't found her yet. Its been driving me nuts. What if she's dead? What's if just gone? I bite my lip in frustration and I throw my knife into the nearest tree. I have to find her. I need to find her. I yanked out my knife, and entered the tiny neighborhood of abandoned houses.

I began searching every single one, not finding anything but corpses of dead. A trudged to the last house, a mean look worn upon my face. Three walkers stumbled towards me, their arms reaching for me. I smirk and instantly smash my knife in one of the dead. Pulling it out and stabbing the other, I kick the last walker in the shin and watch it fall to the ground. I line up my foot and stomped on the walkers head multiple times.

"Assholes." I spat. I walked the white house on the edge of the corner, hoping there would be some type of sign from her. I bust open the door, holding out my gun, meeting her. She stood in the same position I was in, like she was my reflection. Her eyes glimmered as she lowered her gun. I did the same. A smile appeared on my face as I wrapped my arms around her. Her response was stiff because she knows that I never hug her.

I heard her sigh as she pushed me off her. "Why the hell are you here?" She glared. I stayed silent and let her take her anger out. "What? Cat got your tongue? You wanna know what I find funny? That you realize what a shitty boyfriend you are, AFTER I FUCKING LEAVE!" She screamed in my face. Tears were now streaming down her face. "YOU NEVER SAY YOU LOVE ME ANYMORE!" she added.

I felt so guilty, tears streamed down my face. "I can fix this." I claimed. She instantly began yelling again. I now knew what it felt to be her."HOW DO YOU FUCKING THINK YOUR GOING TO FIX THIS GRIMES!?" I raised my voice, "I'M SORRY! I'M SO SORRY THAT I WAS SUCH AN ASSHOLE! ITS JUST ENID'S DEAD FUCKED ME UP! MY HUMANITY SHUT OFF AND I'M SORRY! I LOVE YOU THOUGH! I TRULY, TRULY, DO!" Her eyes looked deep into mine, learning I was telling the truth. "You can't leave me." I begged grabbing onto her shoulders.

"Do you really love me?" Y/n croaked. I nodded my head and attached my lips to hers. I had missed this feeling for a while. Our lips moved in sync as we pulled away for a breath. I embraced her in my arms as we stood there. "I love you. And I'm sorry." I repeat.

"I forgive you."

"I love you." I whisper in her ear one more time. "You don't have to be a goner anymore."

We let go of embraces and laid together on the couch. Our bodies were close, giving off heat. I wrapped my arm around her waist and kissed her temple as I felt my humanity turn on.

+
Fucking.

+

Feels.

+