Water Dragon

The Water Dragon is a peaceful Dragon, like the Forest Dragon they prefer to be safe and secure. But that doesn't mean they can't be destructive. Their size and power can crush ships and destroy a fully armed force in a matter of seconds. They leap out of the water and bring their weight crashing down on vessels set for the ocean, sending wood and humans flying in all directions. They can summon creatures of the deep sea to aid them in battle, such as sharks, birds, even other Water Dragons if they so wish. The younger Water Dragons tend to be more at ease, but the adults are the ones that can be the most destructive and protective.

The Water Dragon doesn't have many colours, as it needs to blend with the ocean. From above the Water Dragon will be a deep blue, appearing almost invisible to the human eye. From underneath the skin may be a light or dark blue, blending from below. They have fins to help them glide through the water with ease, a complete fin on the end of their tail, and wings too. They may not use them as much to fly, but they can act as a steer for them to turn in the water with precision.

Water Dragons live in the vast and deep oceans across their world. They may take residence from within a cave or cavern in the ocean, or bigger Dragons may live on a whole island by themselves. They can live in freezing cold waters or warm, it does not affect them. Prey is plenty in the ocean. Giant fish such as sharks, marlins, dolphins and various other sea creatures are easy to catch. Humans who venture forth on ships is a potential harvest for a Water Dragon, as gems may be on the ship, and humans will make a more satisfying meal. Water Dragons enjoy decorating their homes with gems found in the ocean or hidden on ships. Giant pearls, aragonite, aquamarine and many others. They prefer to live alone and guard everything with haunting eyes.

Water Dragons have few enemies, but the Ice Dragon poses the greatest threat, as the ice will freeze waters and trap sea creatures under a thick layer of ice, preventing them from reaching land and air to breathe. Water plants will die from the cold and prevent ships from entering the waters until it clears. The Water Dragons will try to clear the ice but it is very difficult to accomplish.

The Water Dragons are seen as peaceful or destructive, as the young ones are un-experienced and will be more gentle, but the adults at full size can cause much damage.