"We have to go. Defense Against the Dark Arts starts in five minutes. We can't be late!"

Lexa stuffed the orb back into her pocket and followed Clarke out the door.

While they were racing through the empty corridor, Clarke had an idea.

"What if we ask Professor Indra about the prophecy. If it is about my dad and he was killed by bad wizards, she would be able to help, right? If it's that dire of a situation and one of us is in danger, we need her help!"

"No, we can't tell anyone about this, Clarke. This is something we have to see through on our own. No one can know about the prophecy, you have to trust me on this," Lexa seemed tense. Clarke wasn't sure if it was because they had just two minutes to get to class or because of the prophecy.

"Alright, I trust you," Clarke slowed down and pulled open the door to the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. They made their way to their seats and sat down just as Indra walked into the room.

"You may all put away your wands and books. Parchment and a quill are not necessary for today's class, although you may take notes if you would like. There will not be any sort of test over the material we are about to discuss. However, I advise against tuning me out, as it may one day save your life."

Something about the professor's tone stirred up fear in Clarke's chest.

"We are going to be discussing current events. More specifically, current events involving dark wizards in the magical community. Some of you may know about this information, others," she seemed to look Clarke directly in the eyes. Clarke blinked, telling herself she just imagined the warning look on her face, "might not."

Professor Indra flicked her wand and a screen came down in front of the chalkboard. With another flick, a projector at the back of the room began to whir. Images appeared on the screen, staying for several seconds and then moving on. One was of dark clouds above an empty field. Clarke peered at the dark cloud, trying to decipher its importance. In the darkest part of the sky, she noticed a faint symbol. It appeared to be a dagger embedded in the head of a snake. The hilt rested above its snout and the blade plunged through its mouth and below its chin. In the picture, the clouds swirled angrily about.

The image changed. Now a dark-hooded figure stood over the body of a woman. Her limbs were twisted at an odd angle and her eyes were cold and empty. Dead. The hood bathed the face of the figure in shadow, but its posture revealed it was the murderer of the woman, and quite proud of it as well.

The image changed again. While most of the pictures elicited a few whispers or gasps, this one sent the room into a frenzy. A few girls clutched the arms of their neighbors in fright, while one boy turned a shade of ghostly white. Clarke didn't know much about the wizarding world, but she didn't need to to know that this was a haunting image. The most prominent part of the picture was the fires that enveloped what looked to be severed heads on sticks carried by yet more of the hooded figures. The hooded figures were using severed heads as torches to light up the night. Bodies littered the ground around their feet. The headless victims of the hooded figures all had one word carved onto their chests, which had been removed of clothing. The word was Phoenix. The smoke from the fires rose up into the sky and disappeared at the top of the picture. The hooded figures could be seen breathing, their cloaks stirring slightly around their feet.

With another wave of her wand, the professor turned off the projector. The class seemed to let out a breath all at once.

"I apologize for not warning you about the disturbing images before we began, but you need to be aware of what's going on-" Indra was interrupted by a tiny Ravenclaw girl springing up from her seat and racing for the door.