Puddle Cuddles

tumblr imagine
...
As the bell for your last hour rang, you could practically feel the relief of the entire school. It was the Friday before Spring Break and it couldn't pass by any quicker. You hastily walked to your locker and gathered all of the school books you'd need over break. You hated doing homework, but at least it gave you something to do.

All of your friends were going away on vacation, but you were stuck at home.
Glancing out the window, you noticed the overcast skies. You grabbed your yellow umbrella in case it rained on your way home. Shutting the locker door with a relieved sigh, you trudged home.

Normally you took the busy road home, feeling safe among the zooming cars and chattering pedestrians. Instead today, you opted for the longer, but more peaceful side streets. Just as you began to daydream about (C/N), the cute boy in one of your classes, a fat raindrop landed on your cheek. You startled and quickly opened the umbrella to shield yourself.

"Oh fuckstain," you heard someone grumble behind you. You turned to look, spotting a disheveled and growingly wet (C/N) slightly behind you. He saw you and you motioned for him to huddle under the umbrella with you. He jogged up to you gratefully.

"Hey," you giggled as you held the umbrella out to him. He stepped under and shook his head a little, looking like a dog. He grinned at you.
"Hi. Thanks for sharing your umbrella. My house is just a couple of blocks but I didn't want to get sick or anything."

"Oh yeah it's no problem! I can walk you home." You smiled kindly at him, choosing to ignore the fact that your heart was racing and your face was beet red.

"Praise heavens! Chivalry thrives still," he flutters his eyelashes and clutches his chest, mimicking a damsel in distress. You snorted out a laugh, causing your blush to deepen and you to cover your mouth in embarrassment. "Aw no that was cute don't be embarrassed!" He laughed bumping his shoulder into yours.
"So are you ready for Spring Break?" You questioned, still thinking about him calling you cute.

"No, I'm the opposite of ready. Every person I know is going somewhere amazing or exotic, and I'm stuck at home all alone." He grumbled.
"Not all alone! I'm stuck here too," you laughed and bumped his shoulder. His eyes seemed to twinkle.

"Really? Maybe we could catch a movie or something this week. Together. Um, I mean if you want to." He suggested hesitantly, scooting closer to you. You smiled, looking down to hide the blush that painted your cheeks.

"Yeah, that sounds like fun.

The walk then ended abruptly, as you both came to a stop in front of a large White House. "So... this is my stop." He said dejectedly.
"Oh. I thought it was further." You replied in the same tone. He seemed hesitant to walk, to let go of the umbrella handle and burst the small bubble the two of you created.

"Do you ever wanna not go home? Just walk until you find an adventure?" He blurted suddenly and then bristled at his own words.
"All the time actually, yeah. If you're looking for adventure um, I have something in mind." You said hoping that was what he was implying. Instead of answering he grinned widely and nodded his head, indicating for you to lead the way.

The two of you finally found yourself at a park, a small playground hidden in the corner of a field. You led him to the platform there and found shelter under a plastic roof. He clamored up behind you and his foot caught on the last step, catapulting him on top of you.

Your head hit the edge of the slide and you groaned a little. "Oh my god are you okay, (Y/N)? I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to at all. I'm such a fucking clutz I'm so sorry." Your eyes fluttered open and two eyes came into focus in front of you.
Wow. He was close, and I mean close. His hand came up and gingerly touched the back of your head.

He cleared his throat as he also realized the proximity between you. "There's no blood but you're gonna have a nasty bump." He stammered yet didn't move any further from you. "Can I ask you something?" He didn't wait for your response, but shifted into a sitting position. "There's this girl, I've known her for a while now and I've known from the moment I laid eyes on her that she was special. We don't really talk but I think about her constantly. I really really like her but I don't really know how to talk to her without making a fool out of myself. What do I do?" You could hear your heart shattering. The headache would pass, but this heartache seemed like it would last forever.

Trying to make light of the situation you joked, "don't slam her head into any slides," yet his face fell.

"Damn, I've already done that." And grinned. As the weight of his words hit you, he leaned forward and closed the gap between you. His lips were soft as they met yours and your hand went from the back of your head to his shirt, grabbing fistfuls of it. He lifted you onto his lap yet you wanted to be even closer. His hands cupped your face and the kiss ignited fireworks.

You shifted and suddenly you were falling. Once again your head hit something and you broke off of the kiss. "That's twice in the span of 5 minutes. I bet that's a record or something." You smiled as you once again cradled your head. The pain didn't matter however, because in an instant he had gripped your chin and brought you ever closer.

Everything faded except for this kiss, and you dreamily thought wow I could get used to this.