Chapter 5: Discussion

Hermione's POV

"I can't believe that happened," I heard Ginny mumble as I helped her along the corridors, heading to the infirmary.

Every once in a while she would wince in pain or totally lose her balance, but she still had enough strength in her so that I didn't have to levitate her, which I was relieved about.

"Malfoy's always been a jerk," I told her, "It's not surprising to me."

"No," she continued, "I provoked him, he must have see me reaching for my wand."

I raised an eyebrow. "You were going to attack him?" I asked.

She shook her head. "I was really mad," she smirked slightly, "That potion was practically boiling."

"But he shouldn't have cursed you either way," I admitted.

She shook her head. "I don't care about that," she said, and sighed, "he called me a blood traitor."

I raised my eyebrows. "He's always done that," I said uncertainly.

She sighed. "But he had just apologized for it not ten minutes before."

"Are you sure it was Malfoy?" I asked jokingly.

"I'm serious!" She exclaimed, but chuckled, "He apologized, and he said he wouldn't call me that again."

I sighed. "Malfoys don't change," I told her.

"You're right," she said, "Maybe he was just trying to play me."

Ferret, I thought to myself, I wouldn't be surprised.

She gasped. "He's been messing with me this whole year! Do you think he likes me?"

My eyes widened, and I frowned. "Don't get ahead of yourself," I said to her, and she sighed.

"Wait," I started, "You're into Harry. You can't tell me you like Malfoy."

She shook her head, smirking. "He's only a flirt," she told me, but she could tell I didn't believe her.

"I'm done with this topic," she said with mock arrogance, looking away.

I smirked. "You are unbelievable, Gin," I told her.

We came up to the infirmary door, and Ginny held onto my shoulder, holding herself steady while I opened it up. "Thanks for bringing me here, Mione."

I laughed. "Of course," I said.

Madam Pomfrey was sitting at her desk in the back of the infirmary, and I cleared my throat so she would notice us. "Miss Granger!" She exclaimed as I brought Ginny into the large hall.

Ginny sat down on one of the beds, and Madam Pomfrey joined us shortly afterwards. "Now," she started, "What happened here?"

I scoffed. "Malfoy stupefy'd her into a wall," I said bitterly, and Madam Pomfrey sighed.

"What is it with you students and those Slytherins?" She asked as she laid Ginny down on the hospital bed.

"He's a right git, that's what," Ginny winced in pain as Madam Pomfrey pushed her fingers into different places on her stomach.

"What are you doing to me?" She exclaimed, and groaned in pain when Pomfrey pressed on her lower rib cage.

"Miss Weasley, please relax," the woman said sternly, but stepped away soon after.

"So?" I asked, and Madam Pomfrey sighed.

"You broke two of your false ribs," she started to Ginny, "You're lucky it wasn't a compound fracture."