Chapter 14: Going Back

Hermione's POV

When I woke up, I was both surprised and not that I was on a couch, and not my bed. I brought my head up as soon as my eyes opened, and the sudden movement hurt my neck. My whole body's sore, I noticed as I craned my neck to look at my surroundings.

For a fearful second, I thought I might still be in the Slytherin common room, but I rested my head back down in relief as I realized that I was in my own. "It's about time you woke up," an amused voice said, and I bolted upwards, startled.

"Harry," I groaned as I felt a dull pain in my head.

Merlin, I thought as I rubbed the back of my skull, All I had was a glass of wine. But you did have that firewhiskey, and that was like, half a shot.

"What time is it?" I continued, rubbing my eyes, "What are you doing down here?"

Harry chuckled to himself, reclining in a chair across from the couch I was still sitting on. "It's early, maybe six," he explained, "And it is a curious story as to why I'm down here. When you and Ginny never came back to the common room last night, I went to go ask some of the girls in your dorm if you were in there. Oddly enough, they were also missing. I thought at first that you five might all be together, so I asked Seamus about it. He said that he hadn't heard anything about you, but he knew that there was a party going on at Slytherin that night."

I yawned, and slowly got up from the couch. I was relieved when I found I could stand perfectly balanced, and I looked back at Harry, who also stood from his seat.

"I thought it was impossible," he continued, "That you would have gone to a Slytherin party, but then I figured that if Ginny decided to convince you, it wasn't that impossible anymore."

I laughed softly, and nodded. "Where is Gin?" I asked, pausing, and Harry shook his head.

"The Patil twins came back last night, quite late," he explained, "But Gin and Lavender never came back. Any idea where they might be?"

I groaned to myself. "I have a very clear idea," I started, burying my face in both hands, "Most likely still in the Sytherin common room."

"Should we go get her?" Harry asked.

I stared at him, mouth open slightly. "No," I said sarcastically, "Yes! I don't fancy leaving a hungover Ginny inside a dorm full of Slytherins who are all very hungover."

I brushed my robes down, which I was still wearing from last night. I remembered coming back late, and maybe I just fell asleep on the couch. Not bad, I thought, But it's a good thing Harry found you before everyone came down for breakfast.

I made my way quickly to the portrait hole. "Wait!" Harry stopped me, "I'll come with you."

I shrugged. "If you must," I mumbled, still tired, leaving into the corridor.

"So what happened? You know, at the party?" Harry asked me uncertainly.

"Ginny wanted to stay, I wanted to leave," I said simply, "It might not have been a good idea to come back myself, or leave her alone; but I also didn't want to stay in the packed common room, full of teenagers that were most likely all drunk in one way or another."

"Was it mostly Slytherins?" He asked, and I shook my head.

"Everybody was there," I explained, "Makes me wonder how often they have these parties."

Harry shrugged. "Dunno," he said.

"And we have arrived," I sail aloud when we reached the Slytherin portrait.