Kayla said nothing, knowing it was true. She had become close to Klaus the past few months, just not close enough for him not to kill her. Despite the fact she had spent the entire summer helping him search for werewolves.

She pursed her lips and walked past the car, maybe she should go visit an old friend.

Kayla walked off the bus with a smirk

Kayla walked off the bus with a smirk. She began walking down the street to an old friends house. Kol hated him, but the man saved her once, and they instantly hit it off.

Kayla had ran away from home again

Kayla had ran away from home again. She was pissed at her Dad for leaving, and decided she would visit New Orleans. She had seen flashbacks of New Orleans from Kol's memories, and it looked beautiful.

She grinned slightly as she walked past a bar. She didn't bother looking at the sign, she just walked in. She was sitting at a booth texting Caroline, letting her know she was alright, when suddenly a man appeared in front of her.

"Vampire." Kol warned.

"Hello beautiful." he said, trying to be alluring. He sat beside her and leaned in on her.

Kayla rose an eyebrow. "Hello vampire."

Clearly surprised the man reached over and grabbed her neck. Her eyes flashed a dark brown, a feral look appeared and somehow Kol was able to send some of his Original Vampire power to her temporarily. She gripped the mans arm and twisted it — hard. She heard a snap and she knew she had broken a bone.

"Woah woah woah!" a man said as he walked towards them, "What's going on here?"

Kayla smirked when she noticed the vampires eyes shone with fear, "Well Marcel, this vampire clearly wants to kill me." she said in fake innocence.

Marcel slid next to the vampire and put his hand to the mans chest chest. "You shouldn't deal with an Originals soulmate." he said as he ripped his heart out.

Kayla's eyes were dark with a dangerous glint. She slowly clapped at the theatrics. "Why doesn't Kol like you again?"

Marcel ignored her. "Who are you?"

"My name's Kayla."

Ever since that day, they had called themselves best friends

Ever since that day, they had called themselves best friends. She held her signature smirk as she knocked on the compound door. The door swung open and she was met with a furious Marcel.

Upon seeing who it was, he immediately relaxed and brought her in for a hug. "Kayla." he murmured affectionately.

Kol growled in her head as she wrapped her arms around his neck and sighed content. "Marcel, its good to see you again."

Marcel pulled back and grinned widely, "You too kitten. Now, why are you here." he said teasingly, purposely making Kol angry.

Kayla sighed dramatically, "Klaus forced me to go with him on a trip looking for werewolves." she started as Marcel led her inside.

"We were in Tennessee and he kept forcing me to go outside whenever Stefan Salvatore would kill someone." she said as she rolled her eyes, "So I decided to come here."

Marcel smiled and pulled her on the couch next to him. No matter how close they were as friends, she was always careful, always keeping a distance. She didn't want to give Kol a reason to kill him.

"So tell me what you've been up to, K.
Any new things going on with you? It's been a while since we last talked." Marvel questioned. He crossed his legs and leaned back, making himself comfortable.

"Well," Kayla began, "My family and friends all think I'm a bitch because I broke Damon Salvatore's heart. I've met two of my new brothers recently. Something's been going on with mine and Kol's bond. I know we still have to complete the bond, but somethings happened." Kayla finished with a deep sigh. "What about you? Mr. King of New Orleans?" she questioned, a teasing tone in her voice.

Marcel hesitated on telling her, he opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by a group of vampires entering  the room. Most of them were already used to Kayla, and were about to greet her but she stood up and looked at the one who had caught her eye. In the middle of the vampires was a brown haired girl.

"Witch." Kol informed.

Kayla walked over to the girl and looked at her curiously. "Hello darling. I'm Kayla. You mind telling me your name?"

The brunette crossed her arms and stared at the girl defiantly. "My names Davina." the girl said annoyed.

"Well Davina, it's extremely nice to meet you." Kayla said, trying her best to be polite to the girl. She stuck her hand out for Davina to shake.

Davina stares at Kayla's hand for a moment, before finally giving in and shaking it. "You too."

The second she shook her hand, Kayla was able to feel just how strong that girl was. Kayla was shocked at the power inside the girl.

Kayla suddenly turned around and looked at Marcel with a mischievous glint in her eye. "I like her. Now I need to go float to Gloria about how I just met a witch way more powerful than her."

"Okay. Just be safe." Marcel called out to her while she was walking away.

"I always am!" Kayla yelled back.

***

I didn't want her to be there when Klaus failed his hybrids... But as you know when she gets to Chicago she's gonna be in for a surprise to find Klaus and Stefan there. Also I liked the idea of a having the option of writing a second book for The Originals after this one. ♡ I will be going into more detail about her relationship with Marcel and Davina later on.