Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1:

CHAPTER 1:

Kayla Forbes skipped down the stairs humming a tune. She wasn't sure what was wrong with her. All she knew is she woke up super happy. She could feel a change in the air.

"Morning darling." Kol's voice rung in her head. Her body tingled at the sound of his voice. She still was angry that Klaus has him daggered, but there's nothing she can do.

"Hey Kol!" she chimed back, heading towards the front door. This was a habit for her. When he first came into her head, he used to keep her up all night. But, eight years later and she doesn't want him to stop talking.

"Kayla!" Caroline yelled to her. She stopped and looked at her sister with furrowed eyebrows. "Yes Care?" she asked.

Caroline nervously rubbed her hands. "You have to come to the masquerade ball tonight. We're planning on killing Katherine." she said excitement buzzing through her.

Kayla kept a unemotional face mask on as she stared at her sister. Katherine and her had gotten close over the time she terrorized her friends. The only reason Katherine even bothered talking to her was because of her soulmate.

"Sure, I'll be there." she said with fake enthusiasm. Caroline nodded and left her standing there. Kayla knew she wouldn't say anything. She wasn't particularly close to any of the girls. The only person who was truly a friend was Damon.

She used to hang out with Damon all the time. Kayla would go to bars with him, sleep over sometimes, even have girl talk. He would keep her secrets, and she would keep his.

But then Kol got jealous of their bond. According to him, he doesn't like anyone touching what's his. Kayla put up a fight, but when Damon kissed her, she decided to cut off their friendship. They haven't spoken since their argument went down.

"You're not talkative today." Kol whined. Kayla swore he was like a little kid sometimes. She got in her car and started driving towards the school.

"They're killing Katherine today." she said, rolling her eyes. He could see everything through her eyes, so when he made her come out and say what was going on, she would get a bit annoyed.

"So stop them." He replied. She stomped on the brake as someone drove in front of her. The car swerved and almost went into the ditch.

She growled in her head,"I can't!" Kol didn't say anything back. He was just concerned. Ever since she got a car, he had been trying to convince her not to drive it. Now here she was about to wreck.