Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3

CHAPTER 3

Kayla sighed annoyed. Elijah had woken her up early, claiming that she needed to return home and get ready for the dinner. She was listening to her mother, Liz, rant about her leaving without telling her.

"I was worried!" Liz yelled with angry eyes. "I didn't know if you were hurt or worse!"

Kayla crossed her arms and looked at her furious mother with a bored look. "Are you done?"

Glaring, Liz threw her hands in the air. "No! I'm not done! I haven't even started!"

As Liz rambled, Kayla began to talk to her soulmate. He had been quiet all morning, and she was becoming concerned.

"Kol? Are you okay?" she asked quietly.

"Well, besides being daggered, I believe I'm doing all right darling." he replied nonchalantly. He was used to her nagging at times.

Kayla always talked to him when she was bored, or had confusing feelings. He had basically raised her from the sidelines.

"But-" she was cut off by her mother bringing her into the present. "Are you even listening to me?!"

Kayla shook her head and smiled tightly, "Nope, goodbye mother." She quickly took off to her room before she could be stopped. She ignored her mother's demands for her to come back. Her phone went off as she walked upstairs.

Be ready by 8.
- Elijah

Opening the door with a glare, she flicked her hair out of her face and pouted

Opening the door with a glare, she flicked her hair out of her face and pouted. "Hush darling, the sooner you get there, the sooner someone dies." Kol sighed dreamily.

"You ready?" Elijah asked as he held his arm out for her. Completely ignoring him, she walked to the car and listened to Kol rant.

"He was flirting with you!" he growled.

"My love, according to you, everyone is flirting with me."