“What are you talking about? She works in marketing, not an author. It’s how I met her!”

He didn’t believe me and it made sense if she worked under a different name.

“When do I leave?”

“Two hours, I’ll email it through to you now.”

I know the band had nothing on till next week, but that was yesterday and things change quickly.

“Do you know where they are?”

“Sparky is here, I’ll ask him to check with Noah.”

Hanging up I went back inside, grabbing my bag Jess came with me. I grabbed a few things, not sure entirely what was going to be happening once I got there, I just knew I had to see him; make sure we were still ok.

“Good luck Bec, call me when you can” Jess hugged me in the drop off bay at the airport and I wished she was coming with me.

“I will, thanks” We hugged again and before I knew it, I was going back to LA.

-

I tried calling Beau when I landed and was surprised when I actually got answered - only it wasn’t him.

“Hey Bec, it’s Seth.”

“Hi Seth. Is Beau there, I really need to talk to him.”

Silence.

“Sorry he isn’t. He stayed here last night, but he left early this afternoon and forgot his phone. Noah is on his way around after the call from Sparky. His Mum hasn’t seen him either and Sticks is with me now. What happened?”

“I met Julia, but I didn’t know it was her. He phoned this morning and I told him about the book signing in my Nanas bookshop not realizing Josephine is actually her”

“Let me guess, you’ve read the books?”

“Yeah”

“I told him to tell you!”

He blocked the phone and I could hear the muffled voices of others.

“Noah just got here, we’re going to go check out a few places and I’ll let you know if we find him.”

“Seth, I’m in LA.”

“How?”

“Plane?”

I could imagine him rolling his eyes at my sarcasm and pushed my way through the slow moving crowd to get out of the terminal.