[ 5 ]

With a snap of his fingers, their surroundings turned white. Tobirama was about to attack again when buildings began materializing out of nowhere. "What is this?" he questioned himself and turned to where Madara had been standing, only to realize he was alone. "That bastard!" he snapped as he looked around, stopping when his eyes landed on a certain red-head who was running around, glancing around her excitedly as if she was looking for someone.

"Hayumi?" Tobirama called out as he reached out for her, only for his hand to pass through her body as he reeled back in shock. "What is this? Madara, come out and face me!" Tobirama shouted as he swiftly pulled out a kunai before getting into a defensive stance in the middle of what seems to be the road of the village.

"Quiet down, you can't do much here." he heard a voice behind him as he quickly swung, stopping only when he realized he had almost hit Hayumi, who was snoozing away on Madara's shoulder. Tobirama gritted his teeth at the disgusting sight - his own daughter, in the hands of his worst enemy.

Madara ran a hand through Hayumi's soft hair before placing a gentle peck on her temple. Tobirama let out a feral growl at the sight as he sprung forward to attack him -

- only to land face-first in the dirt.

Madara let out a chuckle at that as he began walking, following the child-version of Hayumi who must have finally found what she had been looking for as her eyes lit up. Tobirama quickly got up and followed in his footsteps, staring curiously at mini Hayumi.

He couldn't help but let out a soft smile at the sight of his precious daughter. Her tiny, heart-shaped face, red-flaming hair and his signature red eyes as she bounded towards someone, the wide grin never leaving her face.

Tobirama's smile immediately vanished when he saw who she was running towards.

Madara picked up the running Hayumi, who laughed happily as she locked her arms around the man who she considered a father's neck. Tobirama couldn't believe his eyes at the smile that was visible on Madara's usually stony face. He was staring at the child in his arms fondly as she quickly told him about her day, her arms flying everywhere as she tried to gesture just how amazing her day at the academy had been.

Tobirama's expression eventually turned into that of sadness. It was his fault. He had driven his own daughter away - and straight into Madara's waiting arms. He had lost count of how many times he'd stood her up at the last minute, or denied of her request to spend some time together. He knew she was sad, but thought she'd get over it.

But now he knew that she never did. She ran to seek comfort from the one person who could give it to her - Madara.

Now that he thought about it, he was a really horrible father.

"Is stealing my daughter away a plot to spite me? Is that your goal?" Tobirama growled as he turned back to face the real Madara, who was staring at the scene with something akin to nostalgia in his pupils as he turned back to Tobirama.

"I didn't steal your daughter at all," Madara muttered as he turned around and began walking off.

"You were the one who decided to let her go."