Chapter 6: Who is she?

Começar do início

Apparently, when Gray disappeared, he didn't really disappear. He was just hidden behind Queen Evita and he was as petrified as Seven. It bothered me, though, as to why Evita would hide him. She did say Gray was her son. Was she protecting him? Then, when Celeste and Chester appeared, I saw Evita reach in to her pocket. Then, Gray disappeared.

"The crystal ball," I guessed.

I saw when I, stupidly, tried to attack Evita, when Chester planted the apple, when I was flung across the whole roof. I really thought I was going to die when that happened.

And then, the apple dropped.

Everything went white, even my vision. From hovering, I found myself standing inside a pure white room.

"Snow," a female voice whispered.

I looked around to see who it was but I didn't see anyone. "Who's there?"

Then, a figure started materializing in front of me. The white flowing dress; the turquoise hair; it was Celeste, the blue fairy who helped me survive that night.

"Celeste!" I exclaimed in surprise. "What are you doing here? How were you able to go back?"

"We're still in the human world, Snow," she revealed. "However, with the help of the huntsman, I gained back some of my powers. With what I have, I can only communicate with you through thoughts and dreams."

I tried to hug her but I just went passed through her, as if she was a ghost.

"I'm just a vision, Snow. For now, I'm not a physical being," she explained. "I have to show you something."

Suddenly, the all-white-walled room started shifting. Beams started appearing. The walls became stones. A carpet with intricate medieval patterns covered the whole floor. Candelabras were everywhere. The room screamed castle. In one side of the room, a man sitting on an enormous chair - no - throne adorned with different jewelries and accessories.

"That's your father," Celeste said. She was standing beside me and we were both looking at the throne. "This is the day before your 16th birthday."

"We traveled back in time?" I asked her, my attention still at the man on the throne.

"No, this is just a memory. I have the ability to show people memories."

"My father?" I murmured.

The room shifted again. This time, we were inside a hall, a very big hall. A party was being held. The sound of piano, violin and maybe a full orchestra echoed inside the room. Hundreds of people were dancing and laughing and eating. Everybody was wearing extravagant clothes. They exude a very Victorian-era vibe.

"Where are we?" I asked Celeste but she didn't answer. I asked her again but when I turned to her, she was gone. I thought she was still beside me but she wasn't. I scanned the place trying to look for her but I didn't see her.

As I was looking around, I saw a familiar face. I wasn't sure but I thought she was Aria. I looked at her for a good while when she turned and looked at me. I didn't know if she could see me or not but when she turned to me, her face was overcame with delight and excitement. She walked towards me and when she was close enough, she stopped.

"Snow! Oh my goodness! You look absolutely wonderful!" she exclaimed. Excitement could be felt from the tone of her voice.

"You can see me?" I asked her but she didn't reply. Then I noticed, she wasn't looking at me. She was looking at the person directly behind me so I turned around.

"Thank you, Goldilocks. I can't believe, I'm 16," the girl said.

She was very beautiful, the girl behind me. Even with the pale white skin, she looked stunning. Her hair was tied into a bun which was held together by her glistening silver tiara adorned with diamonds. Her dark eyes and red lips complemented her white ball gown, also adorned with crystals. She was also wearing white velvet gloves that extended until her elbow.