Chapter 2: The fairy tale trio

Opening Theme:
Jonas Brothers - Lovebug
Now I'm speechless over the edge, and just breathless.
I never thought that I'd catch this lovebug, again.
Hopeless, head over heels in the moment.
I never thought that I'd get hit by this lovebug, again.

"And for the record, I had a crush on you too."

Those words stayed on my mind for well over a week. Yes, it has been a week since that day of reminiscing but I still couldn't get over the fact that my childhood crush had a childhood crush on me too. I didn't know if I'd be able to get over it, however, Seven has gotten over it pretty quickly.

It was lunch time so Seven and I were outside the school, near the field, eating our lunch.

"You're thinking about him again, aren't you," Seven said, which made me turn my attention from my lunch to him.

I looked at him, my eyes wide with surprise and denial. "What?! No! No, I'm not!" I lied. Of course I was still thinking about him.

"Get over it, Snow. He's with them now. He's no longer with us. It was a onetime thing," Sev insisted.

Of course, I knew that Gray was not close to us anymore but that didn't mean we're not friends. "Even so, I can still hope," I told him.

"Hope for the impossible?"

"It's not impossible, Sev. Just keep the faith."

"Okay, if it's not impossible, when did he last talk to you?"

"Talked to me? Hmm, let me think." I closed my eyes and tried thinking.

I tried hard to think when he last talked to me but all I could remember was last week, at home. Ever since then, we never talked again. Of course, we see each other from time to time but nothing else really happened. Our eyes occasionally met and then we smile, nothing more.

Maybe, Seven had a point.

"So, when?" Sev asked again, which made me sulk. I hated being proven wrong, especially about things that mattered to me.

I bowed my head. I knew what the answer was but I was too afraid to say it. "Last... week." I hesitated but I had to answer. Seven was right. It was just a onetime thing. Why would I even hope?

"I told you so."

For the rest of the day, my happiness turned into sadness. I was really hoping Gray would, somehow, return to being close friends with us. The way we recalled our past memories together made me think. Maybe, he wanted to make things go back the way they were. But, I guess he's so high now that it's suicide to go down.

This morning, I couldn't get over the fact that Gray, my childhood crush, had a crush on me too. This afternoon, I couldn't get over the fact that things could never go back the way they were. Gray has his own set of friends now. He didn’t need us.

Wait, wait, wait! Why was I suddenly being all sentimental about him? Gray hasn't been with us for 3 years. Why was I suddenly missing him? There was clearly something wrong with me. Sev and I have been rouge for years. Just because he reminded me about the best moments of my life, which mostly involved him, doesn't mean I suddenly needed him again. Right? Right?!

Walking home alone suddenly made me very "emo". I should be happier, livelier. I wanted to sing but I thought, singing out loud may garner me strange looks from different people, so I hummed.