Chapter 11

I laid in bed, drowning in my thick, blue duvet. I'd been there all day. I didn't want to see anyone; I didn't want to speak to anyone. Why was this happening to me? Why did I become a murderer? Oh yeah. Because I'm a nosy bitch who couldn't resist snooping around in my best friends things.

I thought about Emily. About the things that must have raced through her minds as I viciously grabbed her neck. It didn't bear thinking about. And do you know what the worst part was? That I'd have to do it all again in just a weeks time. Then the week after that and the week after that and so on. It was a vicious cycle.

There was a faint knock on the door, followed by a desperate sounding whisper, "Scott? Scott? Can I come in?" Mitch's voice entered my room. I grunted in response. Honestly, I didn't want to speak to anyone - not even Mitch.

The door creaked open slowly and Mitch entered my room. When he saw me he sighed, before walking over to me and gently sitting down at the end of my bed. He found my hand under the covers and squeezed it gently. I saw him open his mouth to speak but he closed it at the last second; probably didn't know what to say. Anyway, he didn't need to talk. His chocolate eyes spoke a thousand words. We sat just gazing at each other for a few minutes.

"I'm worried about you." He whispered at last, looking into my eyes.

"Me too," I croaked, a single tear fell from my eyes. He shuffled up the bed next to me and leant in for a hug, holding tightly onto me as I wrapped my muscular arm around his small frame.

"Scott?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry. I got you into this mess. I-I didn't know you'd have to kill... I...I-" he stuttered, beginning to sob.

"Shhhh..." I stroked his hair, reassuring him that it wasn't his fault, when all I really wanted to do was breakdown and  hide; away from everyone.

"I'm just so sorry!! I-I'm not even the one that should be crying right now... I'm awful, I better go..." He cried, through the river of tears that fell down his face.

He tried to stand up to leave but I gently pulled him back down next to me. As much as I was hurting,I knew Mitch was to and I had to be there for him. He thanked tearfully me but insisted on going, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

--------------------------------
(The next day.)

"Scott!" Mitch yelled from downstairs, "We're going to meet the band in 15 minutes to talk about the new album remember? Get ready!"

Damn. I'd forgotten all about that. I had to get up for that. I showered quickly as I hadn't bothered the previous day, I enjoyed the feeling of the hot water running over my skin. I then got changed into shorts and a tee because it looked hot outside. I then went downstairs with 5 minutes before we had to leave.

Mitch was waiting for me in the kitchen  with a cup of coffee and a plate of pancakes.

"For you," he smiled.

"Um thanks," I said awkwardly, grabbing a fork.

I hadn't realised how hungry I was until I had eaten my first forkful of food. I devoured the rest of the plate.

"Hungry huh? Mitch giggled.

"Just a bit,"

"We better go now," Mitch sighed, grabbing his keys. I nodded in reply and followed him as we walked to the door. As soon as my foot made contact with the pavement outside I froze. Memories flooded back to my broken mind. The last time I had exited the house I had been on my way to kill.