Chapter 6

I woke up in a darkened room. Where? I had absolutely no idea. The first thing I noticed was that I was freezing. I rubbed my arms to attempt to warm myself up however I had no luck. I tried to stand but I was far too weak, so I just sat up instead. I winced, feeling a searing pain in the side of neck. Groaning, I racked my brains, trying to remember what had happened the night before. Was I hungover? What had happened to me?

I had no time to think about though as I heard voices coming from not far away. I tried to make out what they were saying, as the voices got louder I realized that the people the voices belonged to were getting closer.

"Where is he then?"

"This way, room 28 Sir."

"Is he conscious?"

"I checked on him this morning, but he was still asleep. That was a few hours ago though, he could be awake now. They normally are after two days or so right Sir?"

"Yes, yes, let's go in then."

With that, the door creaked open letting in a beam of white light. I squinted through the brightness to see two shadowy figures. I recognized one of them easily; Mitch. However the other I wasn't so sure - they looked familiar though.

"Looks like he is awake then Sir." Mitch stated to the person who he had just addressed as 'Sir', he then turned to me and smiled sympathetically.

"Well I can see that." He said impatiently to Mitch. He had an extremely deep voice. I frowned, whoever this man was I didn't like him very much.

"Can you stand?" He asked,turning towards me. I couldn't make out his features in the darkness but he had a long beard and from what I could tell was dressed in very dark clothing.

"N-n-no, I-I don't th-think s-so," I stuttered nervously, inwardly hating the effect that this strange man was having on me. I was also surprised at the shakiness of my voice.

"What do you remember about the other night?"

"N-nothing...where am I?"

"We'll get to that. Listen here, I'm just going to say this as it is: you are now a vampire. You can tell no-one unless you were to transform them as well."

Then all of the memories flooded back to me. I remembered every detail. The agonising pain, the look on Mitch's face, everything.

More importantly, what was I going to do now? I'd just found out that I was a vampire! Where did I begin with the sheer amount of questions that I had?As if he could read my whirlwind of a mind the man with the beard quickly addressed me and said:

"All of your questions will be answered soon. Please, do not waste your breath asking them now."

I gulped and nodded silently.

"You must now come with us."

I looked over to Mitch hoping for some sign of reassurance but he just nodded blankly, I could see a hint of sadness in his chocolate eyes though. I was then led out of my dungeon like room into a dimly lit corridor. There was nothing on any of the walls, no clues that could indicate to where on earth I was.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked, starting to get scared. Everything was so weird here.

"You'll see. We'll be there in a minute or so. Be patient." The man grunted.

I felt completely helpless in those minutes that we wondered around those seemingly endless corridors, heading to no certain destination. Then we came to a huge, wooden, door.

"You may go in." The man said, taking my hand and placing on the door handle.

"We," nodding at Mitch, "Will wait for you out here.

I opened the door warily, the icy gold handle burning my skin. Inside was nothing like what I expected. It was a fairly big room, packed with books. Did I have to find a certain book? Why was I in here? I started to wander down the different aisles aimlessly, it really was just like a library, packed into one room.

I quickly noticed that the title of each and every book was a persons name. There were no authors mentioned, which I found odd. I didn't read often but I knew that the author was always printed on the cover. There were so many books in here, probably enough to name the entire population of America! Out of curiosity, I looked through the 'H' section, in search of my name. Sure enough, there it was; in big, bold letters. Hoying. Scott Hoying.

I gasped, surprised. I didn't really think I was going to find my name. Did I? I turned the cover, wondering what I'd find inside. As I peeked at the first page I was shocked at what it revealed...

NOTE: Did you like this chapter? If you did please vote and comment. It means a lot! Jess x