An Encounter/ The new girl

I was making my way to my first class of the day which was English. My best friend was walking beside my telling me about how she spent her summer with some cute boy she met in the Bahamas.

"Mani, are you even listening to me?" Dinah wined coming to a stop in front of her locker.

"Yes of course I was DJ" No not really.

"Then what was I saying?" She questioned with a raised eyebrow.

I let out a sigh. "I'm sorry."

"Are you okay? Do you wanna talk about it?" Dinah had a concerned look on her face.

"I'm fine I promise. I'll see you doing lunch" I gave her a small smile and continued my way to class.

Dinah yells after me "I'm not letting this go Mani"

Knowing her I doubt she wouldn't be letting it go that easy, but I honestly don't want to let my pass relationship drama ruin the new school year for me already.

I finally made it to class. I took a seat In the middle. Not to far back, and not to close to the front. I looked around the room and saw the same old boring faces from last year.

Brad, one of my ex's friends, winked at me causing me to flip him off. Him and his douche bag friends seemed to find that funny and burst out in a fit of giggles. I was about to go over there and fuck some shit up, but the teacher came into the room with some girl. So I decided to let it go this time.

They stood in the front of the class. She had long black hair and piercing green eyes. Her face showed no emotion. She gave of a cold disinterested vibe.

She was wearing a black crop top, some black ripped skinny jeans, and black converse. She's cute, but a little to pale for my liking.

Our teacher, Mr. Robinson, introduced her to the class as Lauren Jauregui.

I quickly looked away in embarrassment when she caught me staring. I'm playing with my hands pretending to be busy, and I can feel someone's eyes boring into me.

I look up to see the new girl unashamedly staring at me. She didn't even try to be discrete. She just gave me a small smirk which caused me to roll my eyes, and look back down.

When I finally look up Lauren is walking towards me. She takes the set next to me I offer her a small smile which she doesn't return. Rude.

We spent the entire class talking about the book we would be reading this year. Yay More Reading.

10 minutes before the bell is supposed to ring Mr. Robinson started talking about some project that we had to do on some book that would be due in 2 weeks.

He assigned everyone a partner, and with my luck mine turned out to be the brooding new girl.

Mr.Robinson gave each pair their own book we got The Picture of Dorian Grey. I could tell my the sigh that Lauren let out that she was familiar with this book. Me on the other hand had never heard on it.

The bell finally rung and people rushed out to head to there next class. I was about to get up but was stopped by a hand on my shoulder. I looked back to see Lauren staring at me.

"Yes?" I tried my best not to sound annoyed.

She removed her hand and cleared he throat before speaking. "Can I have your number?"

I was about to speak but she quickly corrected herself "So we can work on the project."

I think about it for a minute before nodding my head, and sticking my hand out for her phone. She hands it to me and a put my number in.

"You can text me and we'll decide on a time to meet okay?" She nods her head and gives me a full smile which makes her look a little less intimidating. She's Really Cute.

I walkout into the hallway with Lauren right behind. I suddenly remember that she's new here and most likely doesn't know her way around. When I turn around to offer her my help in finding her next class she isn't there or anywhere in sight. okay? .

*

Me and Dinah are about to walk in the cafeteria when she grabs my arm and stops me from walking.

"Dinah, what the hell are you doing?" Instead of answering she just points in the direction of two people standing my the side exit to the school.

"What is it exactly I'm looking at?" I question with annoyance evident in my tone.

"That's the new girl she's in my Chemistry class." Sure enough I look back over there and see Lauren with some tall guy with long black hair.

Lauren and the guy sneak out the door. She's skipping!?! I Knew She Was Trouble.

Dinah pulls me over to where the two where just standing in front of the door. We look out the window of the door to she Lauren getting on the back of a the guys motorcycle.

"He's hot." I smack Dinah's arm and make my way to the cafeteria.

I don't know what it is, but Lauren skipping school with that guy kind of made me feel disappointed like I excepted more from her. But It's Whatever.