chapter two - updated

After Baxter had left my house last night, I received word that there were some humans who had moved into town a few days ago. They aren't a threat but I am supposed to know of all the things that go on in our pack territory just so that I'm aware.

I'm currently sitting in my kitchen eating my breakfast before I have to get ready to go to school. Today is the day that all kids and teenagers alike are sent back to jail after summer break. It's worse for us wolves because as soon as you hit the age of thirteen, you are forced into werewolf schooling where they teach you the basics of being a werewolf.

In addition to that, they have to take classes to learn how to fight in both human form and wolf form. They start the werewolf schooling at the age of thirteen because that's the age in which they shift for the first time ever.

After finishing my fruit loops, I put my bowl in the sink and run up the stairs. I walk to my washroom and take care of my teeth and hair, brushing both and then styling my hair into a high ponytail. I walk into my closet and grab out my outfit for today.

After getting dressed, I run into my bathroom again and apply mascara and winged eye liner

After getting dressed, I run into my bathroom again and apply mascara and winged eye liner. Then I grab my bag and run down the stairs and into the kitchen. Baxter and my dad were sitting at the counter discussing Baxter's role in the ceremony that's taking place in a few days. I walk up to my dad and mumble a goodbye and kiss his cheek and quickly grab Baxter's arm and drag him outside to his car.

"Are you ready for school CJ?" Baxter says while starting the car.

I smile a little bit at the nickname he has had for me since we were children. He calls me it because my name is Cara and my wolf's name is Jocelyn. Werewolves' wolves are always with them in their mind, always seeing the world through their eyes. He says CJ to speak to both me and Jocelyn and it always makes her happy.

"Sort of, I mean, nobody really likes school so.." I laugh and continue, "Are you ready?"

He shakes his head and pulls into the school parking lot and immediately Jocelyn starts to whine. I tell her to quiet down while I get out of the car and walk to the doors, shooting glares at the girls who glare at me.

They all hate me because I've probably flirted with their boyfriends. They can get over it though, it's not like I actually do anything with their boyfriends or any guy for that matter. I'm saving everything for my Mate. I want him to be my first everything. Mate's mean a lot to me and I don't play with that stuff. I only flirt with the humans, not wolves. Especially mated wolves. That's a death wish.

After I grab my schedule from the main office, I look down at my schedule while walking in the direction of my class. Suddenly I'm sent falling to the floor after walking into someone. I didn't even feel the impact of falling. All I felt was tingles all over my body.

Everything went in slow motion from there. The person I walked into was talking to me, probably apologizing although it was my fault for not paying attention to where I was walking. They reached for my hand to help me up but I didn't look up or grab a hold of their hand.

Instead, I got to my feet, turned around and ran to the girl's bathroom. Jocelyn started to cry as soon as we got into the bathroom. No way in hell was I going to leave the safety of the washroom until the bell rang and I knew the hallways were empty.

Not even five minutes later the bell had rang and I ran into class. I wasn't late because I ran but that didn't stop from all heads turning in my direction when I walked in. I quickly wiped the frazzled look off my face and replaced it with a smirk. Walking, slowly to my seat and sitting down.

- - -

The bell had rang, signalling us to move to our next class and I was shocked. I hadn't payed attention all class. My mind was focused on the run in I had with the mystery person. It had to have been my mate. There was no way that my body would have reacted like that if it wasn't. 

Jocelyn hasn't spoken to me since I left the washroom. I couldn't even feel her with me anymore. She's probably mad at me for not looking up to see who it was that I ran into. That person could have been our mate and I ran.

I got up out of my seat and started to walk to my second class of the day. I walked through the hallways with my head up and a bored look. I have to keep up my reputation of being a badass. I am a badass but I can't have people thinking I've gone soft over the summer break. Many of my pack members attend this high school as well and I can't have them see me as anything less than their badass leader. I'm respected and if they see me as weak, they'll try to turn against me.

As soon as I get into class and sit down, I realize I'm early. The only people in here is me and two other students at the front of the class. I kick my feet up on the desk beside me and close my eyes to relax. Quickly, my feet are knocked off the desk and I almost topple out of my chair. Opening my eyes, I catch myself and give a low growl at the asshole who touched me.

"Didn't your parents ever teach you manners CJ?" Baxter says, while sitting at the desk beside me. I was about to reply but I was interrupted by Jocelyn jumping around and barking joyously. I sniff the air and immediately tense.

"Shit." I whisper to myself.

- - - - -

These first few chapters are kind of filler chapters that are helping me make out the plot.

VOTE & COMMENT

your support on my books is what keeps me inspired to write <3